• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY directed by the Russo brothers (2026)
11 11

472 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2024 at 10:49 AM, KingOfRulers said:

I like this move from Disney!

RDJ's charisma dominated the MCU. ENDGAME concluded the MCU's tale: the Iron Man tale. The MCU was Iron Man's tale. This irritated me. The elevation of Stark over all else irritated me. I've been anti-MCU Stark a long time.

I was wrong. Post-ENDGAME, I can see the dramatic wisdom of allowing RDJ to be the MCU cynosure. I can see how much the MCU needs him.

I consider DOOM Marvel's greatest villian. This casting is brilliant.

I hope Pedro's charisma can compete with RDJ. If so, Disney will do its suffering shareholders a favor. 

While I’m disappointed RDJ isn’t playing Iron Man, I believe he will do a great job portraying Doctor Doom. I’m definitely liking the prospect of my FF5 CGC 8.0 swelling in value again.🤑 Prices would have landed me around $40k in early 2022 & prior to this announcement, maybe closer to $25k.  

I suppose they could say RDJ is playing a Stark version of Doom in the future, but Joe Russo specifically said there’s only one actor that can play Victor Von Doom, so at present I believe he’s the original. RDJ would likely wear a prosthetic mask to depict Dooms scars for any scene revealing his face, like Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool, so all of the concerns about this not making sense are unfounded. It’s like saying Reynolds can’t play Deadpool because he was Hannibal King in Blade or Chris Evans can’t be Captain America because he was the Human Torch.

They chose the actor that’s going to do the most for their bottom line, which is profit. Anyone arguing against that doesn’t make sense in my opinion. After 11 years or box office success year over year, post Endgame has had 5 out of 11 films that didn’t flop between 2021 & 2023. They need to start giving fans what we want, not what they want. 

He should at least make a cameo in Fantastic Four if not a full story arc to add context before Avengers: Doomsday. My only concern is that they will kill off Doom too quickly if Disney won’t want to keep paying RDJ the massive salary it will require to keep him around. They really need to stop killing their villains off in my opinion.2c

Edited by chezmtghut

There's dramtic potential here. The multiverse human known as Stark in 21st century NYC in one universe can be a chap known as DOOM in 1960s NYC in another universe. Are they the same being? The writers could play lots of games with identity & paranoia. After all, DOOMBOTS are the game of identity & paranoia. Who is the real Cpt Kirk? MCU retcons featuring DOOM as eminence grise look logical. 

Richards doesn't exist in the MCU...yet might next decade...& might not go by that name & stuff.

Edited by TupennyConan

On 7/30/2024 at 2:59 PM, TupennyConan said:

Richards doesn't exist in the MCU...yet might next decade...& might not go by that name & stuff.

stop giving marvel too much credit

see last 3-4 years of material

but I'll be back to remind you when this is released and I can say "i told you so"

On 7/30/2024 at 1:25 PM, chezmtghut said:

While I’m disappointed RDJ isn’t playing Iron Man, I believe he will do a great job portraying Doctor Doom. I’m definitely liking the prospect of my FF5 CGC 8.0 swelling in value again.🤑 Prices would have landed me around $40k in early 2022 & prior to this announcement, maybe closer to $25k.  

I suppose they could say RDJ is playing a Stark version of Doom in the future, but Joe Russo specifically said there’s only one actor that can play Victor Von Doom, so at present I believe he’s the original. RDJ would likely wear a prosthetic mask to depict Dooms scars for any scene revealing his face, like Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool, so all of the concerns about this not making sense are unfounded. It’s like saying Reynolds can’t play Deadpool because he was Hannibal King in Blade or Chris Evans can’t be Captain America because he was the Human Torch.

They chose the actor that’s going to do the most for their bottom line, which is profit. Anyone arguing against that doesn’t make sense in my opinion. After 11 years or box office success year over year, post Endgame has had 5 out of 11 films that didn’t flop between 2021 & 2023. They need to start giving fans what we want, not what they want. 

He should at least make a cameo in Fantastic Four if not a full story arc to add context before Avengers: Doomsday. My only concern is that they will kill off Doom too quickly if Disney won’t want to keep paying RDJ the massive salary it will require to keep him around. They really need to stop killing their villains off in my opinion.2c

They teased Galactus for FF.  I have to be honest.  I am not liking that.  Galactus should be a world ending threat that should be a tentpole or a culminating event not isolated to the FF. 

On 7/30/2024 at 5:01 PM, jsilverjanet said:

stop giving marvel too much credit

see last 3-4 years of material

but I'll be back to remind you when this is released and I can say "i told you so"

Say what you want!

I'll never give up my hatred for STARK nor my love for DOOM!

On 7/30/2024 at 4:52 PM, TupennyConan said:

Say what you want!

I'll never give up my hatred for STARK nor my love for DOOM!

I hate the MCU for how they shoehorned everything about Stark so we agree there. We've seen this play before, bring in the old character that brought us the (fill in the blank) before

it never works

people have moved on

the problem with the MCU right now is the multiverse, if they get rid of that they have a chance but I don't think they are

isn't the silver surfer not going to be norrin radd

no further questions your honor

i rest my case

On 7/30/2024 at 6:17 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I hate the MCU for how they shoehorned everything about Stark so we agree there. We've seen this play before, bring in the old character that brought us the (fill in the blank) before

it never works

people have moved on

the problem with the MCU right now is the multiverse, if they get rid of that they have a chance but I don't think they are

isn't the silver surfer not going to be norrin radd

no further questions your honor

i rest my case

I don't think that is an answer though. 

The problem, at least from my perspective is the property rights over the characters.  Where were the FF and the X-Men during the battle with Thanos?  Just off screen?  I think what they did with the Ancient One during the Battle of New York was great and it makes sense but I don't think you can play that card with the X-Men and the FF.   So, I like the idea actually of the FF being created in the 60's and possibly disappearing and then coming back during a post Thanos time period.

I "guess" the narrative of the X-Men coming from a different corner of the multiverse works as an escape route.  However, if you are going to play in the multiverse you cannot use it as a catchall for the contracts.   Just do a Bewitched Darren and replace the guy when the contract runs out and have the world accept it. 

On 7/31/2024 at 5:27 AM, TupennyConan said:

The multiverse affords women the chance to destroy the Silver Surfer.

This is what women have been demanding of Disney: the chance to destroy cool stuff in the name of all women & to pizz everyone off in the name of women's representation. 

Represent!

Case closed.

Silvermane. Where have you been all this time?

:nyah:

I really hope that this is a misdirect. I think I would be ok with establishing a new actor as Doom that then had to take over Starks body for story/reasons. 

For me Doom is an FF character first, so I feel that's where he should be introduced and his story be told. This will tie him to Avengers instead.

From the real world side of it, RDJ probably isn't going to be around after Avengers Secret Wars so therfore Doom could be gone as well.

All that being said I'm going to be watching and hoping that there's a great story being told.  

Ok, my opinion on this is that I cannot fault RDJ and the Russo Brother for coming back because Marvel is going to have to pay and pay big time for their services, so good for those guys.

However I do not like the fact that Doom is now apparently going to be tied to the Avengers instead of the FF and that Marvel just wanted RDJ to drum up ticket sales and to me seem to be taking the "lazy way out" to drum up ticket sales.

On 7/30/2024 at 9:14 AM, TupennyConan said:

RDJ's charisma dominated the MCU. ENDGAME concluded the MCU's tale: the Iron Man tale. The MCU was Iron Man's tale. This irritated me. The elevation of Stark over all else irritated me. I've been anti-MCU Stark a long time.

I was wrong. Post-ENDGAME, I can see the dramatic wisdom of allowing RDJ to be the MCU cynosure. I can see how much the MCU needs him.

I consider DOOM Marvel's greatest villian. This casting is brilliant.

I hope Pedro's charisma can compete with RDJ. If so, Disney will do its suffering shareholders a favor. 

This brings me great joy. We can be friends again!!

:whee:

On 7/31/2024 at 5:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

Silvermane. Where have you been all this time?

:nyah:

Disney cut my funding. I'm part of the SHE-HULK pay-for. Now I've got to pay this Tupenny loon to post for me.

MARK MY WORDS, CAROL DANVERS WILL DEFEAT GALACTUS & DOOM! 

:lightning:

On 7/31/2024 at 11:13 AM, dover said:

This brings me great joy. We can be friends again!!

:whee:

Disney isn't desperate.

I am!