• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty on GI JOE #21 in 9.8 condition

351 posts in this topic

Christ man.....Ive been gone for 2 friggin years and theres still NO GI Joe #21 in a 9.8. Christo_pull_hair.gif Astounding. Well, I have no choice but to offer $750 for a raw copy I grade 9.8. Caveat: I am a VERY strict grader. Ive never had a book come back with a lower grade than I gave it. NO pressed books either. I dont want CGC books anymore after reading some of these posts. I find it odd that theres 7 Hulk 181's in 9.8....a Spiderman #1 in a 9.8........but NO Joe #21 yet? Wheres the millions of copies I hear exist? If you send me the book and I grade it less than a 9.8 I will ship it back to you in indestructible packaging and insured. If somehow it makes the grade i will overnight you the money. Simple. $750 for a raw book thats from the mid 80's aint a bad deal.

Tom Gordon and I discussed this book awhile back as well, and I think a 9.8 #21 might well be in the area of $1500...

I would certainly CGC and sell it slabbed and not raw -- while $850 is a generous offer (because you might grade it a 9.8 and CGC might not), if I truly believed it was a 9.8 I'd slab it and take my chances. There are already others out there who have offered over $1k for one slabbed, why not see what the market will bear out.

I just can't believe that none of these people looking for a 9.8 at $1500 wouldn't take the 9.6 for $260. That's absolute stupidity.

Utter insanity. Remove the pretty little labels and I am sure the buyers couldn't tell the difference between the two. I guess this kind of price discrepancy is what happens when you let a company do your thinking for you. screwy.gif

I just can't believe that none of these people looking for a 9.8 at $1500 wouldn't take the 9.6 for $260. That's absolute stupidity.

Utter insanity. Remove the pretty little labels and I am sure the buyers couldn't tell the difference between the two. I guess this kind of price discrepancy is what happens when you let a company do your thinking for you. screwy.gif

I don't think a company is thinking for these collectors. These collectors are hoping a 9.8 is very rare and they can cash in on it or brag about it. For some, the .02 difference is huge, but it's due to collectors, not a company. If it were that easy, the 9.6 would be higher in value. The value is what people will pay. I agree it's stoopid, but it's not the result of a "company".

Could you be so kind as to find me an exemplary copy of Marvel's G.I. Joe, Issue number 21? I will pay a king's ransom for a copy I deem fit to wear the badge of 9.8. The sum of currency I shall exchange for such a fine copy will be $1500 in United States currency. Do you find this to be acceptable my intellectual friend?