• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Treasury Edition #1
1 1

8 posts in this topic

You are correct that they are not grading oversized books (unless this changes since the last time I looked). They are very slow with magazines as far as I can tell.

I see some color rub in the blue text box on the back, but the rest looks pretty solid to me. Since CGC standards aren't in play, I would have to pick the first grade that allows for color issues, which looks like it's 8.0. You could hold these books to different standards though b/c they seem to take a beating.

On 7/27/2022 at 2:01 PM, scburdet said:

You are correct that they are not grading oversized books (unless this changes since the last time I looked). They are very slow with magazines as far as I can tell.

I see some color rub in the blue text box on the back, but the rest looks pretty solid to me. Since CGC standards aren't in play, I would have to pick the first grade that allows for color issues, which looks like it's 8.0. You could hold these books to different standards though b/c they seem to take a beating.

Interesting point on the book’s durability!  Thank you for contributing your thoughts!

On 7/27/2022 at 2:16 PM, Danno561 said:

Interesting point on the book’s durability

I have a Marvel Comics Special Edition #2 (Empire Strikes Back) from my youth that is nearly destroyed. I wouldn't mind replacing it, and have been shopping for another oversize book for a *long* time b/c they only seem to show up for sale looking like the spend an hour on a freeway. I think these were specifically meant for younger children, so they understandably didn't survive as often.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:10 AM, scburdet said:

I have a Marvel Comics Special Edition #2 (Empire Strikes Back) from my youth that is nearly destroyed. I wouldn't mind replacing it, and have been shopping for another oversize book for a *long* time b/c they only seem to show up for sale looking like the spend an hour on a freeway. I think these were specifically meant for younger children, so they understandably didn't survive as often.

FWIW MCS has one they grade as 4 (meaning it should be 5+) for $40

6194575.jpg

On 7/28/2022 at 10:58 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

FWIW MCS

Thanks, it's actually this one that I don't have: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265777226742

Granted, the titles of these books are stupidly similar. I stopped looking for a while b/c I balked at >$100 for something that essentially is a reprint of the regular Marvel books, which I have. And you have to have a giant long box to store them, which will never be filled.