• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hakes shipping cost

7 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 2:26 PM, jeffreyk said:

I won my first cgc comic from Hakes Auctions for $241 last night   I was stunned when I got the invoice today with a $40 shipping charge! This is ridiculous.  

Have any of you encountered this excessive shipping charge from them?

Doesn’t is usually say estimate cost or shipping? 

also shipping prices have increased a lot probably due to gas prices increasing etc.. 

just sucks I guess. I always adjust my bids based on knowing high price of shipping specially to Canada 🇨🇦 

On 7/28/2022 at 3:33 PM, Krismusic said:

Doesn’t is usually say estimate cost or shipping? 

also shipping prices have increased a lot probably due to gas prices increasing etc.. 

just sucks I guess. I always adjust my bids based on knowing high price of shipping specially to Canada 🇨🇦 

I emailed them and they are going to look into it.  Even Heritage only charged me $28 on a 2k book.  This book was $241.

Edited by jeffreyk

If I recall, ComicLink charges $55 per shipment. At least, that's what I pay. Could be I selected a faster delivery service.

However, to avoid paying this for a single comic, I ask them to compile my orders into a single shipment. On a few occasions when I've ordered so many comics it takes more than 1 box, they have discounted the shipping fees. All of their shipments arrive with signature authorization.

Edited by Upgrayedd2
added info

On 7/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

If I recall, ComicLink charges $55 per shipment. At least, that's what I pay. Could be I selected a faster delivery service.

However, to avoid paying this for a single comic, I ask them to compile my orders into a single shipment. On a few occasions when I've ordered so many comics it takes more than 1 box, they have discounted the shipping fees. All of their shipments arrive with signature authorization.

I’m sure it depends on how expensive the books are and the speed of service chosen, but shipping on my last comiclink slab was $20 or a splash less

Edited by revat

On 7/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

My S&H was $30 from Comic Link for 4 slabs last month. What I found slightly ridiculous though was they just bought shipping directly off the USPS website with no discount. There's tons of places that you can buy postage from for 20-40% cheaper. Like why buy it full price?

On 7/28/2022 at 12:26 PM, jeffreyk said:

I won my first cgc comic from Hakes Auctions for $241 last night   I was stunned when I got the invoice today with a $40 shipping charge! This is ridiculous.  

Have any of you encountered this excessive shipping charge from them?

I won two model kits for ~$3k and will pay $78 for shipping.