• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Swamp Thing #1 (3)
3 3

6 posts in this topic

I would lean no.  The highest sale I can find is ~$100 for a 4.0. There's also a 6.0 for not much more. This looks no better than a 3.5 IMO. If you were doing your own C&P, you might make a small profit with a graded vs. raw. Not that you have to sell, but it's at least how I think about whether it's  worth grading. I want the purchase price + grading expenses to be at least equal to the FMV (exception is if having a signing/grading gives me a collectable I just want regardless of grade/value). I am pro-encapsulation for protection, but IDK if this is a big enough key as opposed to HoS92 (which I don't own)

Edited by scburdet

On 7/28/2022 at 7:41 PM, scburdet said:

I would lean no.  The highest sale I can find is ~$100 for a 4.0. There's also a 6.0 for not much more. This looks no better than a 3.5 IMO. If you were doing your own C&P, you might make a small profit with a graded vs. raw. Not that you have to sell, but it's at least how I think about whether it's  worth grading. I want the purchase price + grading expenses to be at least equal to the FMV (exception is if having a signing/grading gives me a collectable I just want regardless of grade/value). I am pro-encapsulation for protection, but IDK if this is a big enough key as opposed to HoS92 (which I don't own)

On 7/28/2022 at 7:44 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

IMHO no. It's in the 2-3 range. Only about 6 sub-3 books in the census indicating that most owners think they won't get their grading fees back from the sale. Anyone interested in buying it would be able to assess the grade for themselves.

Thanks for the input guys! I was thinking the same thing but just wanted to be sure.

2.5/3.0

It'll press a little higher. Probably not worth the time and money to encapsulate.

Thanks for posting.