• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PAPER GIRLS - 2022 Series on Amazon Prime
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Might start it tonight, was planning on watching Captain Marvel and Antman and the Wasp again for a refresher but this has got me contemplating changing my plans :tonofbricks:

Was tonight's watching until I got smashed (nothing new there). Got the house to myself next week though while I'm afternoons so this will be perfect.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:36 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Just finished it...fun show...good acting ..and didn't expect that end to the season.

Overall, I give 'Paper Girls' 8.5/10. I guess they had to have that type of ending to launch season 2 (next year?). 1 of the exec directors is Brad Pitt and his $$ to produce this season 1. Continued good use of music. e.g. Bowie 1970s.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:00 AM, aardvark88 said:

Overall, I give 'Paper Girls' 8.5/10. I guess they had to have that type of ending to launch season 2 (next year?). 1 of the exec directors is Brad Pitt and his $$ to produce this season 1. Continued good use of music. e.g. Bowie 1970s.

Brad Pitt, Huh? that's funny

Yeah, Paper girls was fun and light ..not all that compelling..but it is really all about the relationships between the kids and the show does a good job of developing those interactions

I just noticed that too about Executive Producer Brad Pitt.  Episode 4 & 5 were very solid, loving these girls.  3 episodes to go...:banana:

Excellent soundtrack to this series.  Oh, and I recognized Larry from the show United States of Tara, in which a young Brie Larson is Tara's daughter and Larry is the manager of the restaurant she works in briefly. 

Edited by Forbush-Man

It’s been just a week since the sci-fi time traveling series Paper Girls premiered on Prime Video, and there are a lot of questions to be asked if we receive a second season. Viewers of the show have compared it to Netflix’s Stranger Things. However, with the time traveling and characters seeing future versions of themselves opens up a whole new conversation about the series. In recent interview with star Sofia Rosinsky at Collider Ladies Night goes into details:

“I feel that Mac’s sense of humor is very present throughout Season 1, of course, sort of until she learns certain shocking news. Then it sort of starts to die down a little bit, as it would, based on the news that she heard. But I would say that probably at the beginning of the series, Mac is very guarded and she’s a really tough nut to crack, but… when she hears of certain news, I think that shell starts to melt away a little bit because she realizes there’s no point in trying to keep that up and trying to keep her guard up. Really, there’s no point. It’s useless now. So I think that, in one way, it’s pretty claustrophobic for her, but then at the same time, it’s actually quite freeing because there’s no need for that. She adopted this shell for the environment around her at home. She has a very rough home life. She’s had to be very strong to survive all that, and I think that it’s interesting that based on the good, positive influence these girls have had on her, and also just this information that she finds out, she’s able to let that go a little bit and actually explore who she wants to be and who she knows she is behind that shell, and I think just seeing her sense of humor come through and seeing her character change — she has a beautiful arc and I just am looking forward to exploring that hopefully.”