• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations, 2022 CGC Registry Award Winners, and forumites of the year!
4 4

72 posts in this topic

Apologies couldn’t reciprocate everyone’s kind words Friday. Was in Savannah at a show this weekend. 
Thanks everyone, and congratulations to the other winners

Greetings, CGC Community

It has been a fun journey putting this collection together, and so many of you helped me along the way. I am so grateful the set was noticed, and I wanted to thank everyone for making it possible. The registry is simply amazing, and there are so many wonderful collections. Congratulations to all the winners and participants. It is a true honor to be part of the collecting community, and you are the reason why the hobby is such a blast. Thank you again! 

Sincerely,

slpfi27

Picture1.png

On 8/3/2022 at 7:46 AM, joeypost said:

For what?

He seemed sad.  I was being consoling.  I'm an uplifting kind of guy.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:28 AM, slpfi27 said:

Greetings, CGC Community

It has been a fun journey putting this collection together, and so many of you helped me along the way. I am so grateful the set was noticed, and I wanted to thank everyone for making it possible. The registry is simply amazing, and there are so many wonderful collections. Congratulations to all the winners and participants. It is a true honor to be part of the collecting community, and you are the reason why the hobby is such a blast. Thank you again! 

Sincerely,

slpfi27

Picture1.png

Well done buddy!

On 8/3/2022 at 9:02 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm targeting a Registry Award or Forumite of the Year by 2040.

I wonder who, among active posters, has been around the longest without winning forumite of the year.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:23 AM, joeypost said:

I wonder who, among active posters, has been around the longest without winning forumite of the year.

I'm at 15 years and running but highly doubt I'm close to having the longest streak. Of course, since my average annual post-count is approximately 59, the probability of ever winning it is low.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

@The Black Hand ®, did you ever win FotY?

The only thing I ever won was the election for Emperor of the Water Cooler way back in the early days here. I beat out some cat named Fuelman for the honor. When realizing that the power the position would grant me would invariably lead me to turn evil, I quickly abdicated and turned the title over to the wondrous MarvelFanGirl.