• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 121
3 3

8 posts in this topic

At one point I had this one out thinking about a Gerry Conway signature/grading despite there being some obvious creases, ticks and so forth. The yellow does a decent job hiding a lot, and it's a significant book. Then I noticed whatever that is near SM's inner thigh, and decided not to. No idea what that could be? I guess it must be some kind of spill, it just doesn't look like other similar defects I've encountered. Trying to figure out what the floor is for this one, plus people here seem to like Spider-Man books

ASM121.jpg

ASM121-a.jpg

ASM121-b.jpg

ASM121-c.jpg

ASM121-d.jpg

ASM121-e.jpg

ASM121-f.jpg

ASM121-in.jpg

I would say 6.0.  If that spot near SM's thigh can't be removed, it might drop to 5.0 to 5.5.  CGC seems to really hit stains hard on post-silver books.  It's a really nice looking book and one of my grails.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:07 PM, Engr62 said:

one of my grails

Lucky for me, I bought this >20 years ago. I was more interested in having the original version of the Marvel Tales book I had growing up than the death of Gwen Stacy key. I remember thinking it was an expensive then, but now it would seem like a bargain (if I could remember what I paid). The spot has a texture to it, but it has resisted my patented "rub it lightly with a fingernail" technique, which has been surprisingly effective at removing "stuff" on books that are decades old.