• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk Movie ~ Spoil?

79 posts in this topic

I finally saw the Hulk movie last night.

Well...

Most of it.

The first half was soooo boring I did some other stuff around the house until Ol' Greenskin showed up. Even then I wasn't glued to the screen.

Just to clear one thing up...

His dad became what was suppose to be the Absorbing-Man right?

I didn't see the "ball and chain" so I wasn't 100% sure! 27_laughing.gif

My grade: C- or if you prefer comic/CGC numbers: VG+(4.5)

X-Men 3 -- Fox -- May 26, 2006

Ghost Rider -- Sony -- Summer 2006

The Punisher 2 -- Lions Gate -- 2006

Spider-Man 3 -- Sony/Columbia -- May 4, 2007

Namor -- Universal Pictures -- 2007

Iron Man -- New Line Cinema -- TBD

Luke Cage -- Sony/Columbia -- TBD

Deathlok -- Paramount -- TBD

The Hulk 2 -- Universal Pictures -- TBD

Wolverine -- Fox -- TBD

I'm hoping the sequel is a lot better

A sequel !?! foreheadslap.giffrustrated.gif

Don't worry - I hear it's either shelved or going to be cheapo-Direct to Video. After all, no one in their right mind is going to pour another $150+ million into a second big-budget Hulk film. screwy.gif

X-Men 3 -- Fox -- May 26, 2006 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ghost Rider -- Sony -- Summer 2006 popcorn.gif

The Punisher 2 -- Lions Gate -- 2006 : foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Spider-Man 3 -- Sony/Columbia -- May 4, 2007 893applaud-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

Namor -- Universal Pictures -- 2007 confused-smiley-013.gif

Iron Man -- New Line Cinema -- TBD thumbsup2.gif

Luke Cage -- Sony/Columbia -- TBD sleeping.gif

Deathlok -- Paramount -- TBD 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

The Hulk 2 -- Universal Pictures -- TBD foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Wolverine -- Fox -- TBD insane.gif

I'm hoping the sequel is a lot better

A sequel !?! foreheadslap.giffrustrated.gif

Don't worry - I hear it's either shelved or going to be cheapo-Direct to Video. After all, no one in their right mind is going to pour another $150+ million into a second big-budget Hulk film. screwy.gif

You're joking right? Have you seen some of the [embarrassing lack of self control] in the movie theaters lately? That's all Hollywood has been doing is spending big money on crappy films.

I think that list needs to be revised, as at least one of those (Iron Man) got canned and the rights reverted to Marvel. I expect to see a lot more like that, as the superhero fad in Hollywood runs down.

Have you seen some of the [embarrassing lack of self control] in the movie theaters lately? That's all Hollywood has been doing is spending big money on crappy films.

What does that have to do with anything? They made the crappy original Hulk movie, which sucked and tanked at the BO, but no one is stupid enough to pony up the $150+ million for a big budget SEQUEL. 27_laughing.gif

Since no soul as answered my Q yet... sleeping.gif

X-Men 3 -- Fox -- May 26, 2006 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ghost Rider -- Sony -- Summer 2006 popcorn.gif

The Punisher 2 -- Lions Gate -- 2006 : foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Spider-Man 3 -- Sony/Columbia -- May 4, 2007 893applaud-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

Namor -- Universal Pictures -- 2007 confused-smiley-013.gif

Iron Man -- New Line Cinema -- TBD thumbsup2.gif

Luke Cage -- Sony/Columbia -- TBD sleeping.gif

Deathlok -- Paramount -- TBD 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

The Hulk 2 -- Universal Pictures -- TBD foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Wolverine -- Fox -- TBD insane.gif

For once, I concur with Hobgoblin.

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone. poke2.gif

Sorry..I would have replied...but I rented the Movie, then fell asleep sleeping.gif before the part you mention came along...then could'nt be bothered to watch the rest! 893blahblah.gif....I'm sure someone must have suffered enough to know what happens tho' confused-smiley-013.gif

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I thought the Hulk was a good adaptation.

Not extremely faithful to the source material, but hit more than missed when it did

stray.

Yes, it is not "action-packed" in the first half, but that is a little thing called story-telling. I think part of the problem is comic book collectors have pre-conceived notions (and strong opinions) about these characters and are a bit "blind" and dis-

advantaged compared to the average movie goer in that regard.

No, it was not the comic book Hulk we all know and love, it was an adaptation of it.

Similarly, the TV Hulk was even farther from the comic, but it worked and, frankly,

that series is a classic comared to what is on now.

Spider-Man met most of the comic book fans expectations and it is considered an adaption. I just didn't care for Hulk. I appreciate the "artistic" take on it, I just don't think it worked for Hulk.

The reason the TV show worked so well was because we knew the limits of what TV could do. They could have slashed the budget of the Hulk movie by 75% and made a great TV movie on HBO. With a big budget and big screen, they should have taken advantage of the opportunities. They didn't and the future franchise is dead. They should have started with a bang and then fleshed out the characters later on when we actuall cared for them.

Sorry..I would have replied...but I rented the Movie, then fell asleep sleeping.gif before the part you mention came along...then could'nt be bothered to watch the rest! 893blahblah.gif....I'm sure someone must have suffered enough to know what happens tho' confused-smiley-013.gif

I watched the movie twice (theater and DVD), and both times fell asleep during the dog fight scene. Comic book movies are supposed to be fun, not dreary.

Um..and sorry Aces...I'm not sure that was supposed to be the Absorbing Man...

Had alot of the characteristics of him, but.... confused-smiley-013.gif

That just shows what a poorly written movie it was.

I mean eveyone knew Doc Doom was Doc Doom right?