• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 vs Avengers 8
3 3

79 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 2:04 PM, Bo1983 said:

The fact the 9.6 Avengers 8 is going more then Hulk ย 181 by 12000 is interesting!So volume come into play plus 181 not a real first appearance!๐Ÿ˜

D4A6CA4F-63A4-4EF8-BFCF-02B9280BDE6E.png

67547EFC-C401-43CF-8AFE-D408F6DC72A9.png

Both are books that are obviously in demand; Avengers 8 is particularly hot right now obviously. Anyway if you were in the market for a 9.6 of either right now, you will be buying from a pool of 344 total census books for Hulk 181, or a pool of 15 on the census for the Avengers 8. That's the "supply" side of the equation and is just as important as demand. When either supply (there are very few copies of a 9.6 available) or demand (FOMO leading to people seeking high grade Kang book because of the movies) is way out of whack, you'll see extremes (as you noted) that may defy the rest of the market. You're also comparing 172 sales to 5 sales, so I'm not sure you could get much valid data to use in a comparison anyway.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, Lazyboy said:

The fact that you're trying to compare a book from 1964 to one from 1974 is interesting.

Plus comparing FMV's of one comic that has sold 3 copies in the last 90 days with one that is based on a couple copies sold in 9.4 almost a year ago.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, Lazyboy said:

The fact that you're trying to compare a book from 1964 to one from 1974 is interesting.

Iโ€™m a wolverine nut I have 180 in my collection!Wolverine is far popular the Kang is all I was saying!

Edited by Bo1983

On 8/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, jaxcomics said:

Both are books that are obviously in demand; Avengers 8 is particularly hot right now obviously. Anyway if you were in the market for a 9.6 of either right now, you will be buying from a pool of 344 total census books for Hulk 181, or a pool of 15 on the census for the Avengers 8. That's the "supply" side of the equation and is just as important as demand. When either supply (there are very few copies of a 9.6 available) or demand (FOMO leading to people seeking high grade Kang book because of the movies) is way out of whack, you'll see extremes (as you noted) that may defy the rest of the market. You're also comparing 172 sales to 5 sales, so I'm not sure you could get much valid data to use in a comparison anyway.

Popularity has to be a factor to right?

On 8/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, jaxcomics said:

Mybe Fantastic four 48 would have been a better comparison?