• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could ALBEDO #2 become the next TMNT #1?
2 2

26 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2022 at 7:15 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I don't think many folks outside of this forum have heard of Usagi.  By contrast, knowledge and recognition of TMNT is global.  I can't see Albedo #2 being the next TMNT#1...ever.

Are you tryin to tell me that all of those early Usagi related comic books that Overstreet jacked up in this year's edition of the guide is going to drop like a rock because unlike so many complaints about his guide, somce of those guide valuations sure seems to be high compared to the current marketplace?  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, lou_fine said:

Are you tryin to tell me that all of those early Usagi related comic books that Overstreet jacked up in this year's edition of the guide is going to drop like a rock because unlike so many complaints about his guide, somce of those guide valuations sure seems to be high compared to the current marketplace?  (shrug)

The OP’s question asked whether Albedo would ever become as Popular as TMNT, and my response is towards his question.

Albedo will never, ever be as popular as TMNT, regardless of what jacked up prices Overstreet reports.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

The OP’s question asked whether Albedo would ever become as Popular as TMNT, and my response is towards his question.

Albedo will never, ever be as popular as TMNT, regardless of what jacked up prices Overstreet reports.

Unless......lol

usagi.jpg

On 8/19/2022 at 4:08 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Unless......lol

usagi.jpg

I was literally thinking that Albedo is like the Kardashians. It's famous for being famous. The value is due to scarcity but honestly, it's all about a samurai rabbit without resale value. What is moving this market? Nothing but fan boys who love it and think it's famous.  And to be honest, I love Albedo #2 as well.

Its a good book.   Its probably overvalued, but its a good book and deserving of a great price.     The pricing feels a little more Werewolf by Night 32 than Hulk 181, but its a great story, just a tremendous cover, and for 1984 maybe the best put together book on the market at that time from a production values standpoint.    Its got a lot going for it.   Enough to justify the price?...  maybe, maybe not, but its no Kardashian IMO.    

I would like it a lot better at half of today's prices.    At the current prices, I just can't justify it.

Edited by Bronty