• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow, Batgirl must have been bad

119 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 2:36 PM, 1Cool said:

I thought the Batgirl tv show looked horrible so this must have been a complete piece of garbage.

I think it was bat woman 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, WolverineX said:

FZWM7iLWQAEcLoo?format=jpg&name=900x900

Don't know how much stock to place from an "anonymous" insider's take on the future of Marvel and DC, but to comment on some of his/her musings I would say that:  1) Marvel has a little more than "one final card" as they have the FF and their pantheon of characters (Doom and Galactus only should tide them over for a few years), 2) The actors of "Marvel's most iconic heroes are all out of the fold" but with the opening up of multiverse story lines there are ready-made explanations and precedent to introduce new versions of these characters, along with new multi-film plots.  

I do think that the increased content Disney demands does water down the product, no matter how much is spent on production values.  I also think they haven't fully explored (exploited?) the theatrical values of their present characters, whatever universe they might inhabit though I would have liked to see a couple more films with some of the current stars.  It just seems like due to the long production times to make these movies, they have to introduce newer characters (America Chavez, Illuminati, Kamala Khan, etc.) at the expense of fleshing out the more recognizable ones.  That or they're trying to be inclusive and/or appeal to the younger crowds.  The SA fan in me would rather see a sprawling Kree/Skrull war or a cosmic Surfer/Galactus storyline though. 

On 8/5/2022 at 7:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Sadly, that's not a good plan overall. Capitalize on your iconic characters? Yes. Recast most of them? No.

Black Adam is not DC's Thanos. If Zaslav is that delusional, then this is no better than the old management's lack of direction. Darkseid has already been teased. Capitalize on the looming threat of your most iconic JL villain, WBD.

This dude z needs to talk to some actual DC fans lol .. I thought they would of gone with darkseid to build into a epic movie…. Guess typical dc doesn’t know what they are doing currently… 

Marvel is just cooler!Example Mark Grauenwold  the writer of The Squadron supreme series 1985 when he died he wanted some of he’s ashes pit in printers ink and they reprinted a copy of his run with his ashes! Plus The Boys are homage to this run!

Edited by Bo1983

On 8/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, kav said:

If you leave before 30 minutes you can get a refund.  I have done this.  Spaceballs for one.

I'm with you on Spaceballs.  I've hated that movie since the day it came out.  I usually like Mel Brooks and loved Star Wars back then, but other than the "combing the desert" scene, I still haven't found anything funny or enjoyable about it.  I don't understand the love that movie still gets.  (shrug)

On 8/5/2022 at 11:42 AM, Gonzimodo said:

I'm with you on Spaceballs.  I've hated that movie since the day it came out.  I usually like Mel Brooks and loved Star Wars back then, but other than the "combing the desert" scene, I still haven't found anything funny or enjoyable about it.  I don't understand the love that movie still gets.  (shrug)

it blows my mind.  We sat there for 20 minutes going wtf this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  And people seem to love this pile of dung.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:08 PM, Beastfeast said:

Had you ever watched a Mel Brooks movie before?

settle down

On 8/5/2022 at 3:10 PM, kav said:

settle down

That said as a kid I thought other mel brooks were better, I still haven't seen all of them. History of the world had this five or six year old balling laughing and crying and saying that just ain't right. I tried men in tights as a twelve year old but that was idk. The Frankenstein saddles and others were classics.

Long story to say I hear you. Same with lampoon's airplane, I didn't think it near as funny as the naked guns but meh

On 8/5/2022 at 3:21 PM, Beastfeast said:

What's the matter Colonel Sanders?  Chicken? 

harumph-harrumph.gif

On 8/5/2022 at 1:21 PM, Beastfeast said:

What's the matter Colonel Sanders?  Chicken? 

I'm not the droid you're lookin for.  Find someone else to tilt windmills with.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:42 PM, ExNihilo said:

Gal Wonder Woman on the way out?  Zero reference to Cavill's Superman?  Literally, the two highlights of the train wreck that's been the DCEU so far gone to waste.  

But he’s keeping Aquaman so you know his priorities are…

Hold up, did he say he’s only keeping Aquaman?

On 8/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, kav said:

it blows my mind.  We sat there for 20 minutes going wtf this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  And people seem to love this pile of dung.

I never watched it after seeing Pizza the Hutt.  That was so unfunny that I couldn’t even be bothered with the rest of it.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:48 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I never watched it after seeing Pizza the Hutt.  That was so unfunny that I couldn’t even be bothered with the rest of it.

I think I left shortly after seeing the dum rick moranis giant helmet dude.  Hyuk!!  wut a knee-slapper!

On 8/5/2022 at 9:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

airplane, I didn't think it near as funny as the naked guns but meh

To me, masterpieces of literal comedy, especially Airplane! and its sequel, the first Naked Gun, and the brilliant Police Squad!.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, kav said:

I think I left shortly after seeing the dum rick moranis giant helmet dude.  Hyuk!!  wut a knee-slapper!

Saw a thankfully short clip of that as well. Utter crap.

On 8/5/2022 at 3:09 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

lol no it's not, it's Garth Ennis' hatred of superheroes. Go read Hitman or his Punisher run for more...

😁You are wrong the run is just like the boys superhero’s controlling earth like the government that run was first plus they show the death of a superhero at the end!