• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Case is way bigger then it needs to.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I got my order back yesterday and noticed 1 slab is thicker than any case I ever had. The comic inside is loose and moves around. Was wondering why it came that way. I add a pic of it beside a normal slab to see the difference. You can also see the space the comic has move around in. Plus was also wondering why I didn’t receive any graders notes on any of my books. There are 5 books ranging from 7.5 to 9.0 and none of them have notes. 

AB36E76C-68AF-4FFF-A8E5-F8246097EC79.jpeg

CF0B238F-1DE6-4E67-9CBB-907E315CDB19.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello,

The larger slabs are used when a book is too big for the standard-sized slabs. This could mean the book was too large by as little as a millimeter to fit in our standard holder and we did not want to damage the book.

Grader Notes are made at the graders' discretion; they are not a guaranteed part of the service but are provided as a courtesy to members and dealers when available. Often, they may not be entirely comprehensive or give a 100% accurate description of the defects and the notes vary from grader to grader. 

Multiple professionals examine every collectible to ensure accuracy and consistency.  I am sorry that no grader notes were taken on your item.  The grader notes are not required nor a guaranteed part of the grading service.  Since no notes were taken by the grading team, there is no further information I can provide to you regarding the grade of your item.  I apologize for any inconvenience.  

On 8/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello,

The larger slabs are used when a book is too big for the standard-sized slabs. This could mean the book was too large by as little as a millimeter to fit in our standard holder and we did not want to damage the book.

Grader Notes are made at the graders' discretion; they are not a guaranteed part of the service but are provided as a courtesy to members and dealers when available. Often, they may not be entirely comprehensive or give a 100% accurate description of the defects and the notes vary from grader to grader. 

Multiple professionals examine every collectible to ensure accuracy and consistency.  I am sorry that no grader notes were taken on your item.  The grader notes are not required nor a guaranteed part of the grading service.  Since no notes were taken by the grading team, there is no further information I can provide to you regarding the grade of your item.  I apologize for any inconvenience.  

This needs to change.  The "other company" makes it a requirement   

Edited by Kevin76