• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, toro said:

I bought a few of those FF Annual #6.  The were only VG/Fs, but a lot of 1980 VG/Fs have graded well for me.  So far 2 came back as 7.5 and one just graded out at 9.0 so I am happy with my $3 a book investment.

ex-actly.
back abt maybe 5 years ago I was like why are these only $5-$10 bucks??  Its the first annihilus for god sake.  so I stocked up.  6.5s sell for around $600 bucks now.
I was also telling people to buy strange adventures as they were undervalued.  They have really popped but I still advise people to buy them.  They have not nearly topped out yet.  The best sci fi comics ever printed with genuine sci fi writers like edmond hamilton and otto binder and infantino art.   however only the issues before lee elias started drawing are valuable.  so any issue before 162 are worth buying.  Mystery in space also a good investment.  Ask @Buzzetta how happy he is buying strange adventures #1 based on my recommendation a few years ago.    I have never once been wrong in speculating.  I seem to have n eye for "man these are really undervalued'.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

Back around 2012 I bought a stack of Ultimate Fallout 4's in the polybags for $1 each.

I still have 12 of them. 

I'll be more than happy to help you triple your investment, accounting for inflation as well.  According to an inflation calculator, $1 in 2012 would be about $1.29 in today's money.  So 3x that is $3.87.  You know what, I'm a generous guy, i'll round up to an even $4.  That's 4x your original investment!  :flipbait:

On 8/14/2022 at 12:30 AM, kav said:

ex-actly.
back abt maybe 5 years ago I was like why are these only $5-$10 bucks??  Its the first annihilus for god sake.  so I stocked up.  6.5s sell for around $600 bucks now.
I was also telling people to buy strange adventures as they were undervalued.  They have really popped but I still advise people to buy them.  They have not nearly topped out yet.  The best sci fi comics ever printed with genuine sci fi writers like edmond hamilton and otto binder and infantino art.   however only the issues before lee elias started drawing are valuable.  so any issue before 162 are worth buying.  Mystery in space also a good investment.  Ask @Buzzetta how happy he is buying strange adventures #1 based on my recommendation a few years ago.    I have never once been wrong in speculating.  I seem to have n eye for "man these are really undervalued'.

I bought a Strange Adventures 1 not based so much on your recommendation but at the time it was a steal of a price in the auction it was at in the grade offered.   I regularly go after #1's in the Golden and Silver age and 1st appearances.  It's why I also have a Timely All Surprise (Super Rabbit) #1 of all things. 

However, other Strange Adventures books that do not have first appearances I picked up on your say so because I just found them fun to read.

However there are other books that you have been dead set against and especially one of your cronies would be vomiting over me purchasing which have been a few modern first appearances that have been incredibly smart pickups. 

Cannot celebrate the wins without remembering the losses. 

On 8/14/2022 at 12:34 AM, ExNihilo said:

I'll be more than happy to help you triple your investment, accounting for inflation as well.  According to an inflation calculator, $1 in 2012 would be about $1.29 in today's money.  So 3x that is $3.87.  You know what, I'm a generous guy, i'll round up to an even $4.  That's 4x your original investment!  :flipbait:

If I trusted quality control at CGC to grade them without messing them up, they would all be at CGC right now and possibly put up for auction lol 

On 8/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

I bought a Strange Adventures 1 not based so much on your recommendation but at the time it was a steal of a price in the auction it was at in the grade offered.   I regularly go after #1's in the Golden and Silver age and 1st appearances.  It's why I also have a Timely All Surprise (Super Rabbit) #1 of all things. 

However, other Strange Adventures books that do not have first appearances I picked up on your say so because I just found them fun to read.

However there are other books that you have been dead set against and especially one of your cronies would be vomiting over me purchasing which have been a few modern first appearances that have been incredibly smart pickups. 

Cannot celebrate the wins without remembering the losses. 

I have the PMs Buzz-you bought 'em on my recommendation.  You actively asked me which ones to buy and posted several ebay sales and asked me if you should buy them.  You cannot slip out of this one.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:37 AM, kav said:

I have the PMs Buzz-you bought 'em on my recommendation.  You actively asked me which ones to buy and posted several ebay sales and asked me if you should buy them.  You cannot slip out of this one.

Right... but not the number 1.  You could have told me not to.  I was buying it anyway.

Your "recommendation" was to buy anything under that number which was correct.  

However, that recommendation was not the impetus for me buying a number one. 

In that case that was like recommending me to breathe air.  Was gonna do that anyway 'bro' you had nothing to do with it. 

I buy number 1's anyway. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/13/2022 at 9:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

Right... but not the number 1.  You could have told me not to.  I was buying it anyway.

Your "recommendation" was to buy anything under that number which was correct.  

However, that recommendation was not the impetus for me buying a number one. 

In that case that was like recommending me to breathe air.  Was gonna do that anyway 'bro' you had nothing to do with it. 

I buy number 1's anyway. 

If I'm bored I might search thru thousands of PMs-you wont like it if I do tho.  

On 8/14/2022 at 12:47 AM, kav said:

If I'm bored I might search thru thousands of PMs-you wont like it if I do tho.  

You can.

You are not reading.  

Like I said, me buying that specific book was the equivalent to you telling me to breathe air.  It was on the list of things to do anyway.   Just like I bought a couple of copies of #9, 1st Captain Comet and any other time I buy a first appearance. 

Now, buying a number 5 or any other generic book in that run is all you. 

But don't give yourself a pat on the back for telling me to buy something I was going to buy anyway. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/13/2022 at 9:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

You can.

You are not reading.  

Like I said, me buying that specific book was the equivalent to you telling me to breathe air.  It was on the list of things to do anyway. 

Now, buying a number 9 or any other generic book in that run is all you. 

But don't give yourself a pat on the back for telling me to buy something I was going to buy anyway. 

strange adventures wasnt even on your radar until I mentioned FF annual #6 and other books an you asked what I would recommend now.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:51 AM, kav said:

strange adventures wasnt even on your radar until I mentioned FF annual #6 and other books an you asked what I would recommend now.

Again, not true, years before that PM I was publicly asking about them for reading material and where they had been reprinted as they were fun reads. 

But keep patting yourself on the back. 

Meant to say #5 not #9 btw.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:52 PM, Buzzetta said:

Again, not true, years before that PM I was publicly asking about them for reading material and where they had been reprinted as they were fun reads. 

But keep patting yourself on the back. 

Meant to say #5 not #9 btw.

If its so important to you to get credit for this you can have it.
No good deed goes unpunished.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:55 AM, kav said:

If its so important to you to get credit for this you can have it.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Don't play a victim here and read what I wrote.  I would have never bought many of the others without your recommendation.

But.. issue 1's and first appearances... I was doing those things anyway. 

On 8/14/2022 at 12:30 AM, kav said:

ex-actly.

you're just doing the equivalent of stapling an acetate cover on Dylan's system and calling it the "In Kav We Trust" Variant. Shameless (tsk)

On 8/13/2022 at 10:03 PM, JC25427N said:

you're just doing the equivalent of stapling an acetate cover on Dylan's system and calling it the "In Kav We Trust" Variant. Shameless (tsk)

(worship)