• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghost books
2 2

32 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 3:50 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Fair enough. Scarce to me means the demand outstrips supply. So no silver age book fits that bill in my books. Rare/scarce I assume as the same meaning whether that’s right or wrong when talking comics 

30773A8E-F1B0-48BC-AAFA-B76CA3262400.png

On 8/10/2022 at 6:13 PM, Bo1983 said:

Amazing fantasy had a print run of 300000 so 3700 graded copies do the math dude!So by your logic there is ten thousand more raw copies and don’t get me started on the hulk,Thor,Loki, and iron man 200000 print runs and all below 2000 graded!

lol

:facepalm:

I'm trying to figure out how I can very accurately describe you without getting banned, but it's really hard...

On 8/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, Lazyboy said:

lol

:facepalm:

I'm trying to figure out how I can very accurately describe you without getting banned, but it's really hard...

Why would you get banned?And do you thank there are more early silver age out in the wild then graded copies and I’m talking first appearance only!

Edited by Bo1983

On 8/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, Bo1983 said:

Why would you get banned?

Because it's against the rules here to refer to another member as a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: even if it's obviously true. So I won't do that.

On 8/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, Bo1983 said:

And do you thank there are more early silver age out in the wild then graded copies and I’m talking first appearance only!

First, it's 'think' (though you're obviously unfamiliar with that word). Second, I know there are a lot more ungraded than graded copies out there for any SA book.

On 8/10/2022 at 7:46 PM, Bo1983 said:

Why would you get banned?And do you thank there are more early silver age out in the wild then graded copies and I’m talking first appearance only!

I'm trying to parse your sentence. If you're asking if there are more copies of an early Silver Age Marvel first appearance in the wild then there are graded copies of the same book, the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:10 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I'm trying to parse your sentence. If you're asking if there are more copies of an early Silver Age Marvel first appearance in the wild then there are graded copies of the same book, the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes.

But are the copies left out there low grade?So somebody out there could possibly still be sitting on a raw 9.0 amazing fantasy 15 or a raw hulk 1 9.0?

On 8/11/2022 at 1:45 PM, Bo1983 said:

But are the copies left out there low grade?So somebody out there could possibly still be sitting on a raw 9.0 amazing fantasy 15 or a raw hulk 1 9.0?

No and Yes.

-bc

On 8/11/2022 at 1:45 PM, Bo1983 said:

There are raw copies of every Marvel Silver Age key in many multiples in all grades. Somebody @valiantman should tell me of all the books CGC has graded how many of those are pre-1970. Yes. There are high grade raw Amazing Fantasy 15s out there. Same with high grade Fantastic Four 1s and 4s and Hulk 1s and Avengers 1s and the list goes on and on and on and on.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:06 PM, FlyingDonut said:

There are raw copies of every Marvel Silver Age key in many multiples in all grades. Somebody @valiantman should tell me of all the books CGC has graded how many of those are pre-1970. Yes. There are high grade raw Amazing Fantasy 15s out there. Same with high grade Fantastic Four 1s and 4s and Hulk 1s and Avengers 1s and the list goes on and on and on and on.

There are high grade raw copies of every comic "out there somewhere" that won't be taking a trip to CGC because the owners don't want/need to have them graded.

This link will calculate the counts by decade for all the books on the current CGC census (takes a few seconds to load): http://cgcanalysis.com/cgc/totals/groupby/decade

About 1.4 million of the 8.1 million books on the CGC Census are pre-1970.

Edited by valiantman

On 8/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, Dave2739 said:

Don't knock drunk-posting. That's what I've been up to all night. I'm posting so much, I'm gonna catch up to Kav soon!

RIP your liver.