• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green label for missing tatoos?

6 posts in this topic

I think its pretty common to get the green.  But I do think if you specify (with a special note/request) with your submission you can have the option to have the missing tattoos graded as a defect (but the hit deduction is tremendous) to get the blue label rather than ignored for the green label.  For how that is done specifically, I would contact CGC customer service.

It may depend on the specific book or whether the story is affected or the grade of the book independent of the tattooz, I'm not too sure.  But if you want a different result, doesn't hurt to contact customer service and see if you have options.

On 8/9/2022 at 6:53 AM, mrgoodtime81 said:

I just got a book back, and got a green label for it missing its tatoos.  Is that normal?  I know i have seen books in the same condition with a blue label, but with text saying they were missing. Its a bit of a bummer.

Edited by revat

I have made the argument for a while now that a book missing Tattooz or an MVS (that does not affect the story) should not take a hit in grading nor receive a Green Label since these items were "meant to be removed".

missing MVS can be viewed the same as a missing/cut out coupon, but the Tattooz do not affect the book/story in anyway.

It is my opinion that if you do not/or are not going to penalize "Poly Bagged Books" for being removed from the Polybag or missing the Polybag you cannot penalize for missing Tattooz or a missing MVS.

On 8/9/2022 at 2:02 PM, marvelmaniac said:

I have made the argument for a while now that a book missing Tattooz or an MVS (that does not affect the story) should not take a hit in grading nor receive a Green Label since these items were "meant to be removed".

missing MVS can be viewed the same as a missing/cut out coupon, but the Tattooz do not affect the book/story in anyway.

It is my opinion that if you do not/or are not going to penalize "Poly Bagged Books" for being removed from the Polybag or missing the Polybag you cannot penalize for missing Tattooz or a missing MVS.

I think that I can agree with you on the Tattooz front, but we'll have to agree to disagree on the MVS.