• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black and White Comic Books
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Greetings!  I wanted to ask this question in open forum in case anyone else has a similar question.  I thought I had read in years past that CGC did not grade black and white comic books as they can't be certified as authentic (and not counterfeit)...I was looking today and couldn't find that detail.  Is that still the case or can these type of comic books be submitted?

I have a number of Indie comic books that are color covers, but all black and white pages inside.  The collector value is practically zero, but to me they are extremely valuable and I'd like to have then graded and encapsulated (if possible).

Thanks in advance for any information you have!

DJ

Edited by Donald Jack

Thanks...I just wanted to make sure I got some official details as I only remember reading "black and white pages" and nothing specific past that.  I'd hate to send in a bunch and have them returned (at my cost) as not eligible.

Thanks for your feedback!

DJ

On 8/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello!

This is an excellent question! I am confirming with our internal team to see if we can accept black and white comics and I will let you know as soon as possible. Thank you!

Greetings...I was wondering if you found any updates on whether or not I would be able to submit Black and White comic books for grading and encapsulating.  Thanks!!

DJ

On 8/15/2022 at 8:26 AM, Steamed Hams said:

The Walking Dead.

Thanks...I know CGC grades these books, and I was just looking for confirmation on the policy regarding black and white comic books.  I'm not sure if The Walking Dead comic books are an exception to a rule/policy, or if I just didn't understand the original policy as I read it a few years ago.

DJ

• Administrator

Hello again,

I apologize for my delayed response. My verification team has confirmed that this would be decided on a case-by-case basis and we would need to know which books you are looking to submit to be able to confirm for sure. 

On 8/16/2022 at 8:10 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello again,

I apologize for my delayed response. My verification team has confirmed that this would be decided on a case-by-case basis and we would need to know which books you are looking to submit to be able to confirm for sure. 

Thanks so much!  I'll gather them and reach out by email to see if images can be used to make a determination or if it would be better to send one in.  Thanks again!

DJ