• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM thor 337 newsstand
1 1

13 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2022 at 7:27 PM, scburdet said:

pics are a little blurry and the white on white is background is tough to see. Those spine ticks look pretty heavy and there's a decent corner bend on the back. Press for maybe a 6.5/7.0

Yeah this one was a version I was thinking of buying. Guy wanted 300 cad. Not worth I don't think

On 8/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, Geoff2099 said:

6.0/6.5. Hard pass on the price. I paid just a few months ago $200 for a Cdn price variant of the same book in an 8.5.

Damn. Would very nice to get some deals, everything around me is getting bought up instantly.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:02 AM, comicjoe1234 said:

Damn. Would very nice to get some deals, everything around me is getting bought up instantly.

Worth maybe $150 cnd in that shape.  Don't buy it.

Where are you trying to buy books?  There're are lots of good books out there for fair prices.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:56 AM, Geoff2099 said:

I find the best places by far to buy books are at comic cons, especially if you buy 2-3 books at once. Most dealers are willing to negotiate a bit for a decent bit of cash. The other bit of advice I can give is let the book come to you. ;) 

There's a con coming in October by me. It'll be my first so I'll try there

Good. Some friendly advice since it's your first .. always Ask to see the book out of the bag. Ignore whatever grade they put on it and decide for yourself. Don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer and a bundle works wonders. Bring cash money. Bring a bag and a top loader to carry your purchases around.  And remember there's always another book around the corner.