• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nothing like...

23 posts in this topic

The problem is the ID was created over a year ago and no feedback left in that time frame and no auctions bid on in the last thirty. C'mon....

If he wanted more for the book all he had to do was start the no reserve auction higher. I would have bid.

yeah, it's fishy, i agree. but i'm sure there's a perfectly valid explanation. of course, having this happen to you sucks regardless, so i'm sure your feelings are completely understandable.

i mean, out of all the auctions they could have shill bid on, and they pick this one?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeah, it's fishy, i agree. but i'm sure there's a perfectly valid explanation. of course, having this happen to you sucks regardless, so i'm sure your feelings are completely understandable.

i mean, out of all the auctions they could have shill bid on, and they pick this one?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good point.

I'm looking at this auction and the winning bid was placed two and a half hours before the end of the auction. Were you following this thing? Sounds like you wanted the book, but you had a set price limit, and you got beat. End of story. Why are you whining about this? makepoint.gif

Cause whining is better than mumbling to himself.

ohhh why oh why didn't i bid $75 for that Boy comics 8 today damn makepoint.gif

I'm sorry...I didn't realize I was whining. I pointed out something that I felt was somewhat unusual based upon the winning bidders ID. I suppose you may find nothing unusual about it. That's fine. Regarding watching the auction, yes, I was. However I really didn't want to be bidding against a possible shill. And no, I had no set amount. I would have paid very well for the book as others here on the boards are aware. I am just 12 issues away from a complete Kirby Thor all pedigree run and although I generally avoid Mile High II copies, issue #133 has proven a difficult issue to locate with a pedigree.

I've had zero feedback bidders snipe my auctions at the last minute and then not pay -- or return any emails for that matter. Total shills desitined for NARU-ville.

Not sure what I did to deserve it, but I assume it's just some bored kids trolling around with bogus IDs and getting their kicks by messing with a random auction. Of course, then I have to do a second chance offer or relist the item and file for ebay to credit my fees. Pain in the A-ss. Now it's easier to block that stuff, but if the seller hasn't done it or they snipe at the last minute, there's not much you can do.

Sometimes it happens. Doesn't mean the seller did it or is having it shilled intentionally.

The winning high bidder has contacted me and and we have struck a deal for the book. So much for my conspiracy theory foreheadslap.gif

Now it sounds even worse. He bid on a comic that he never actually wanted, then this GooseEgg bidder contacts you to resell the book to?

The winning high bidder has contacted me and and we have struck a deal for the book. So much for my conspiracy theory foreheadslap.gif

Now it sounds even worse. He bid on a comic that he never actually wanted, then this GooseEgg bidder contacts you to resell the book to?

Kinda what i was thinking as well.