• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When have you shot your shot and it worked out?

3 posts in this topic

Ok, not comics related, but the scenario is one that could have just as easily played out in the comics hobby (this was sports cards). 

I missed out in an auction on an item. It sold for around $200 (multiple bidders, good listing), and another one was listed but the seller had it in a BIN for $500

Same item, same condition, same scarcity... so I thought what's the worst that could happen? So I put in an offer (thankfully they had that turned on) and I pitched my case for $200, pointing out it's twin just sold in auction. 

I had little hope. On the upside, it didnt get auto-rejected but still there the offer sat... like a fart in church for 36+ hours. 

Today I check ebay and there's an item in my cart and LO AND BEHOLD THE SELLER ACCEPTED!

Did I find the LONE seller on eBay that lists whale prices but will listen to market data?!?!

So in celebration tell your tale of your long shot offer that you didnt think had a chance in heck, but came thru.
(Im anticipating a lot of "how I ended up with my hot wife" stories, but maybe there are some hobby stories as well)