• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major Bulge and Gaps in CGC Magazine Slabs
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

This is my first returned submission on Magazines so I'm looking for some guidance on whether this is normal or an issue.

I got my CGC Magazine grading order back and I am noticing that all of my slabs are unsealed along the sides. Many of these have major gaps as well and seems to bow outwards despite being within the dimension requirements. I've attached some pictures for reference, is this something that CGC would normally fix?

I'm also noticing that the majority of the books are offcenter in the holder, is that normal?

Thank you!

PXL_20220815_234033177.jpg

PXL_20220815_234027707.jpg

PXL_20220815_233953361.jpg

PXL_20220815_230712577.jpg

mindthegap.png

The magazine cases are not sealed on the sides but there shouldn't be a large gap. You can contact customer service and if they see a problem you can send it back for a no-fee reholder.  As for not being centered, the holder is designed for all the different dimensions of magazines so smaller ones are put off to the right and there are plastic holders keeping the magazine in place.

Edited by jokiing

On 8/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, Gregd said:

Can you send more pics of other books?

Sure thing, I sent in a bunch that came back with this general condition, the books are thickish, but well within the depth measurements for magazines. The all bow out in the center with a significant gap along the side enough to where you could almost stick in a pencil width, pictured.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:43 PM, jokiing said:

The magazine cases are not sealed on the sides but there shouldn't be a large gap. You can contact customer service and if they see a problem you can send it back for a no-fee reholder.  As for not being centered, the holder is designed for all the different dimensions of magazines so smaller ones are put off to the right and there are plastic holders keeping the magazine in place.

Gotcha, that makes sense thanks. Is there any way to get them more centered or is that just the way it'll be? It's bothering me when I look at it lol.

PXL_20220816_045323835.jpg

PXL_20220816_045616710.jpg

On 8/16/2022 at 12:06 AM, Barbossal said:

Is there any way to get them more centered or is that just the way it'll be? It's bothering me when I look at it lol.

The plastic tabs that jokiing mentioned are on the left and the bottom in your slab and they're permanent. Centering thick books goes something like this: 

image.thumb.jpeg.cc27e03041bf43ffd2ea2df0b60b16ba.jpeg