• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting in EU

6 posts in this topic

Hello, i recently decided to collect seriously comics, until now i read them online. but i decided that i want to collect them as well. The only problem is i live in the EU. Does anyone know where i could order older comic books slabbed and raw, without a ridiculous shipping price. I've been turning to mycomicshop.com because their shipping is  worth it if you order in bulk.

Thanks for the tag Cap.

I haven't really kept track of shipping prices in any detail since England left the EU in 2020. I rarely buy from overseas now but when I do, Mycomicshop.com can be trusted to grade, pack well and price reasonably and they have an extensive back issue stock. Milehigh is a waste of time, as Chuck prices everything as if it is gold plated. There are still some overseas sellers on eBay who will be reasonable about shipping, and charge cost or thereabouts, but many seem to just slap $30-40 onto everything now regardless, possibly as a disincentive.

@YungSneaky, welcome to the forum. If you give us a better idea of the sort of things you are after I'm sure you'll get some more suggestions here as there are a few EU based members dotted about. You can browse the selling forums here too, if you like, and maybe you'll find some sellers with reasonable shipping prices there:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/63-comics-market-forum-only-selling-area/

A lot of them won't ship outside the US though, unfortunately, but good luck anyway. 

I'm not sure how the comic pricing compares, but there's some big dealers in Canada, and my guess the shipping won't be as much as from the US (as US shipping is crazy expensive now).

So maybe consider some major Canadian dealers.  Superworld comes to mind, but I'm sure there's plenty.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:35 PM, revat said:

I'm not sure how the comic pricing compares, but there's some big dealers in Canada, and my guess the shipping won't be as much as from the US (as US shipping is crazy expensive now).

So maybe consider some major Canadian dealers.  Superworld comes to mind, but I'm sure there's plenty.

thank you, ill check them out

On 8/16/2022 at 5:49 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Thanks for the tag Cap.

I haven't really kept track of shipping prices in any detail since England left the EU in 2020. I rarely buy from overseas now but when I do, Mycomicshop.com can be trusted to grade, pack well and price reasonably and they have an extensive back issue stock. Milehigh is a waste of time, as Chuck prices everything as if it is gold plated. There are still some overseas sellers on eBay who will be reasonable about shipping, and charge cost or thereabouts, but many seem to just slap $30-40 onto everything now regardless, possibly as a disincentive.

@YungSneaky, welcome to the forum. If you give us a better idea of the sort of things you are after I'm sure you'll get some more suggestions here as there are a few EU based members dotted about. You can browse the selling forums here too, if you like, and maybe you'll find some sellers with reasonable shipping prices there:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/63-comics-market-forum-only-selling-area/

A lot of them won't ship outside the US though, unfortunately, but good luck anyway. 

Yes mycomicshop is great, but I use them for bigger books and graded books, the shipping is all right with them as well, I'm just looking for some alternatives i guess. Right now tbh, i guess I'm looking for a full run of crisis on infinite worlds. and id like to get nm 8 graded, cuz u know, Flash is my favorite and Barry in my opinion is the best flash as well.