• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50th Anniversary of Picture Frame Marvels (and other raw bronze) sale: CLOSED
6 6

156 posts in this topic

It's hard to believe for this oldtimer, but picture frame Marvels were on the newsstand 50 years ago now.  I've got some raw copies in a range of grades that are great for reading and filling holes in runs.  They're priced to move, so the listed prices are firm, and grading is conservative to ensure your satisfaction.  Clicking three times on an image will bring up the large high res scan of the front cover.

The particulars:

The first unconditional 'take it' via this thread or private message wins a book.  Payments are accepted via check or PayPal.  All books are guaranteed unrestored, except where a qualified production defect is noted.  Shipping is $12 in the US for up to 6 comics via Priority Mail, and $17 for more books than that.  Customers from all countries are welcome but you will be charged my exact shipping, which can cost a lot more than for within the US.  Comics may be returned within two weeks for a refund of the comic price, provided they are in the same condition as they were sent to you - since returns are a hassle for buyer and seller alike, and return shipping is not refundable, please take the time to peruse the large high resolution scans provided, and feel free to ask me via p.m. to describe in full detail from cover to cover and edge to edge the condition, flaws, and appearance of any book.  It's surprising to me how infrequently prospective buyers ask for this service, which I believe is even better than scans or photos at discerning details of condition and eye appeal.

The sale will begin in earnest tonight after dinner, Eastern Daylight Time.  Until then, here is the sale opener:

• Amazing Spiderman #102
  • F/VF white pgs
  • $55  SOLD!

25 cent giant from late 1971 featuring Morbius and the Lizard.  Story by Roy Thomas, art by Gil Kane and Frank Giacoia.

ASM102.thumb.jpg.81025f9ecf1e29c4285f652563d3a1e2.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold; thread closed

On 8/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, namisgr said:

It's hard to believe for this oldtimer, but picture frame Marvels were on the newsstand 50 years ago now.  I've got some raw copies in a range of grades that are great for reading and filling holes in runs.  They're priced to move, so the listed prices are firm, and grading is conservative to ensure your satisfaction.  Clicking three times on an image will bring up the large high res scan of the front cover.

The particulars:

The first unconditional 'take it' via this thread or private message wins a book.  Payments are accepted via check or PayPal.  All books are guaranteed unrestored, except where a qualified production defect is noted.  Shipping is $12 in the US for up to 6 comics via Priority Mail, and $17 for more books than that.  Customers from all countries are welcome but you will be charged my exact shipping, which can cost a lot more than for within the US.  Comics may be returned within two weeks for a refund of the comic price, provided they are in the same condition as they were sent to you - since returns are a hassle for buyer and seller alike, and return shipping is not refundable, please take the time to peruse the large high resolution scans provided, and feel free to ask me via p.m. to describe in full detail from cover to cover and edge to edge the condition, flaws, and appearance of any book.  It's surprising to me how infrequently prospective buyers ask for this service, which I believe is even better than scans or photos at discerning details of condition and eye appeal.

The sale will begin in earnest tonight after dinner, Eastern Daylight Time.  Until then, here is the sale opener:

• Amazing Spiderman #102
  • F/VF white pgs
  • $55

25 cent giant from late 1971 featuring Morbius and the Lizard.  Story by Roy Thomas, art by Gil Kane and Frank Giacoia.

ASM102.thumb.jpg.81025f9ecf1e29c4285f652563d3a1e2.jpg

ill take

On 8/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, SpideyFein said:

That 102 was sweet. I’m sure most will agree, but there will be no dogs in this thread. We know you like em’ pretty!

Thanks for the kind words, but there will be copies as low as VG showing up here.  Lots of easily affordable stuff.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:31 AM, namisgr said:

Thanks for the kind words, but there will be copies as low as VG showing up here.  Lots of easily affordable stuff.

Sounds good to me! I know you love nice presenters like myself though. Always quality grading and books. I look forward to seeing them. 

Okay, so I've been informed that the rules for the Marketplace have changed in the year or so since I last posted here.  With posting of a lead-off book no longer allowed, I will go ahead and list more now, still reserving listings for the time noted earlier.

• Amazing Spiderman #107
  • F- ow pgs
  • $14  SOLD!

A light vertical bend goes through the entire book that does not break paper or color, and accounts for the assigned grade.  Small color flake out next to the top staple.

ASM107.thumb.jpg.5b400deced148fda053a8e464548b605.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On 8/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, namisgr said:

Okay, so I've been informed that the rules for the Marketplace have changed in the year or so since I last posted here.  With posting of a lead-off book no longer allowed, I will go ahead and list more now, still reserving listings for the time noted earlier.

• Amazing Spiderman #107
  • F- ow pgs
  • $14

A light vertical bend goes through the entire book that does not break paper or color, and accounts for the assigned grade.  Small color flake out next to the top staple.

ASM107.thumb.jpg.5b400deced148fda053a8e464548b605.jpg

take!

• Avengers #93
  • VG  ow/w pgs
  • $30  SOLD!

Neal Adams 34 pages of art, Tom Palmer inks, and a great story in the Kree-Skrull war arc by Roy Thomas.  One of the greatest Bronze Age comics of them all!

Avengers93.thumb.jpg.2542cb9e705e9137f40eb6f9ada9cd48.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On 8/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, namisgr said:
  • Avengers #93
  • VG  ow/w pgs
  • $30

Neal Adams 34 pages of art, Tom Palmer inks, and a great story in the Kree-Skrull war arc by Roy Thomas.  One of the greatest Bronze Age comics of them all!

Avengers93.thumb.jpg.2542cb9e705e9137f40eb6f9ada9cd48.jpg

Take