• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ECCC 2022 this week!

14 posts in this topic

I'll be there, just like the last 12, as an eager attendee.  It looks like it will be a smaller show this year, since it's in a weird slot.  Hopefully next year it will be back to the traditional March dates and back to what passes for "normal"... although that's always a very relative term in regards to a big show like this.

Was just curious to see what comic dealers would be there. I don’t see any link or list. Maybe I’m blind but it either isn’t very visible or missing altogether. Why do promoters overlook this? If it is called a “Comic Con” they have to understand that comic buyers will want to attend. By not doing so, they are losing money to pre sales.

I still believe this is why the Torpedo show in LA in July was canceled.

Not just picking on ECCC, this seems like a trend these days.

Either way, hope you guys have fun! 

On 8/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, TerrysComics said:

Went to see Jamie Graham but he had already left.

I lot less Comic Dealers than in the past.

Town just was not like it used to be.

I'm hoping that this year is a bit of an aberration since it's at the wrong time of the year, and there's so many other shows going on.  I think it will do much better in its normal March spot starting the season off.

I'm finding lots of stuff to get, but the variety of dealers I'm used to is definitely not there this year.

Went to see Jamie Graham but he had already left.

Well, he either had such a great show that he was happy or had such a bad show that he decided to cut his losses. I sure hope it was the former…

On 8/20/2022 at 10:26 PM, OtherEric said:

I'm hoping that this year is a bit of an aberration since it's at the wrong time of the year, and there's so many other shows going on.  I think it will do much better in its normal March spot starting the season off.

I'm finding lots of stuff to get, but the variety of dealers I'm used to is definitely not there this year.

Sadly, this has become the new normal especially for the big shows. Glad to hear you found lots of stuff!  :headbang:

On 8/21/2022 at 5:57 PM, Robot Man said:

Well, he either had such a great show that he was happy or had such a bad show that he decided to cut his losses. I sure hope it was the former…

More probably the latter since I was reading a report from one of the Overstreet advisors in this year's guide and he called the ECCC the absolute worst show of the year for 2021.  So, I guess the show this year is probably not any better, and his three majpr complaints were:  1) Lack of attendance;  2) Overkill on the security;  and 3) City is just not what it used to be from the riots and political chaos POV.  :(

As for Torpedo Con, this advisor said it was the best show of the year and his bet was that many more dealers would bwe clawing their way to be part of it going forward.  Then again, I guess NOT since the Torpedo Con was apparently canceled for this year.  (:

On 8/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, lou_fine said:

More probably the latter since I was reading a report from one of the Overstreet advisors in this year's guide and he called the ECCC the absolute worst show of the year for 2021.  So, I guess the show this year is probably not any better, and his three majpr complaints were:  1) Lack of attendance;  2) Overkill on the security;  and 3) City is just not what it used to be from the riots and political chaos POV.  :(

As for Torpedo Con, this advisor said it was the best show of the year and his bet was that many more dealers would bwe clawing their way to be part of it going forward.  Then again, I guess NOT since the Torpedo Con was apparently canceled for this year.  (:

Yeah was a real shame about Torpedo. That and Terry’s one day show in Feb are easily the best shows for buying vintage comics in SO CA. There is a lot of comic money here. A well promoted show with quality dealers would do well here.