• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question Regarding Registry Points
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I was curious why two of my similar, yet very different in value cards have the same registry score. The cards Im talking about are:

Snorlax Vivid Voltage Prerelease Promo, Blackstar Promo SwSh 068

And

Snorlax Vivid Volatge Prelease Promo (Staff Stamp), Blackstar Promo SwSh 068.

Both cards are a 9.5 and both yield the same 166 registry points. However, the staff stamp versions of promo cards are much rarer, with around 90% less of them showing up in the pop report as their non-staff stamp counterpart.

Also from what I can tell looking at other registry sets, the Lugia+Snorlax+Donphan promos that are part of the vivide voltage set, all yield the same registry points at the same grades, but the 4th promo, Charizard, recieves more.

Now I understand Charizard would get a premium, but if its based on monetary value should we not also see more registry points for the much rarer and expensive staff stamp promos for all 4? 

Let me know what you think and if there are any other cards like this that you have seen have this unexpected symmetry in registry points.

• Administrator

The scoring model we use is an algorithm that takes many different factors into account. If you feel that a score is inaccurate, you can request a review by the registry team by clicking on the points for that card and then clicking on Request Score Correction.

image.png

On 8/18/2022 at 6:49 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

The scoring model we use is an algorithm that takes many different factors into account. If you feel that a score is inaccurate, you can request a review by the registry team by clicking on the points for that card and then clicking on Request Score Correction.

image.png

Okay thanks Lindsey 👍😊