• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dear JoJon

20 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022 at 8:56 PM, jsilverjanet said:

LGB Model Railroad Club probably means something different than I was thinking it meant. 

He was a member of the LGB Model Railroad Club and he enjoyed over decorating for any holiday. He is survived by his wife, Lois (Melenia) Hylva; a son, Jason,

On 8/17/2022 at 11:56 PM, jsilverjanet said:

How do you find these things wow! It’s nice to be able to see a glimpse of the history of these books and to know about the people that owned them and enjoyed them before we did! 

may Jojon Rest In Peace:angel:

when I was 12, I cut the Johnson catalog coupon out for the black leather spike bracelet and they were actually pretty neat  No one messed with me after :cry:

however I was extremely disappointed when I ordered that damn mermaid sea family and it was a bunch crappie brine shrimp : (

Edited by Courageous Cat

On 8/18/2022 at 1:29 PM, Courageous Cat said:

when I was 12, I cut the Johnson catalog coupon out for the black leather spike bracelet and they were actually pretty neat  No one messed with me after :cry:

however I was extremely disappointed when I ordered that damn mermaid sea family and it was a bunch crappie brine shrimp : (

I never bought anything from the ads in the comics.  Not even these.

X-Ray Specs | Vintage comic books, Book advertising, Old ads

On 8/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, toro said:

I never bought anything from the ads in the comics.  Not even these.

X-Ray Specs | Vintage comic books, Book advertising, Old ads

Lol love the money back guarantee!! Lots of confidence in those x ray specs working lol 

On 8/17/2022 at 11:52 PM, toro said:

Dear JoJon,

I want to kick your *bleep*!  Just how many books did you destroy?  I really hope you never got a T-shirt, or if you did it was too small.  I also hope they rejected you from the MMMS. 

IMG_20220817_233541.jpg

IMG_20220817_233602.jpg

Wow. no zip code needed in those days!

I guess Newman from Seinfeld was right!

On 8/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, toro said:

I was thinking of doing that

If by that you mean sending the coupons / comics? He was obviously just writing his address, not sending these in? Or did I miss something 🤷‍♂️

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, toro said:

I was thinking of doing that

I was going to suggest it, maybe her son would also appreciate it

I would love to see something my dad did in his youth, another piece of the puzzle