• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant Nintendo comics

31 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2023 at 3:32 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Found this "no price variant" for $25 at a show today - it's in gorgeous condition; a lot of times when I see these Nintendo comics they're often a bit beat up.

CaptainN1.thumb.jpeg.e94ac317fc40b41a5c0cff0ec08e88ba.jpeg

How do the staples look? A lot of the Nintendo books have rusted staples.

On 4/22/2023 at 2:46 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

How do the staples look? A lot of the Nintendo books have rusted staples.

Thanks for the heads up! Just popped it out of the mylar, and the staples are clean and shiny. It's unfortunately not a 9.8 candidate (and I don't think it could be even with a press) - there are a couple of spine issues that are really hard to see on the yellow cardstock cover. I just scanned the front and back and I'll post in the "spare a grade." Still was a great find at $25 I think though - it's been on my "keep an eye out for this" list, as are the other Nintendo Valiant books.

Edited to add: scans and pics are here if you're interested:

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 4/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It's unfortunately not a 9.8 candidate (and I don't think it could be even with a press) - there are a couple of spine issues that are really hard to see on the yellow cardstock cover.

Are you trying to tell me that these pre-hero Valiant books still have no real value unless they are in CGC 9.8 grade after all these decades?  :(

I remember picking up a number of these pre-hero Valiant books in HG back in the day when I was still into collecting pre-hero DC books thinking that they would also be harder to find (clearly not the case doh!) and as such, might have some future value if Valiant ever made it big like DC.  :facepalm:

Edited by lou_fine

On 4/23/2023 at 1:23 PM, lou_fine said:

Are you trying to tell me that these pre-hero Valiant books still have no real value unless they are in CGC 9.8 grade after all these decades?  :(

I remember picking up a number of these pre-hero Valiant books in HG back in the day when I was still into collecting pre-hero DC books thinking that they would also be harder to find (clearly not the case doh!) and as such, might have some future value if Valiant ever made it big like DC.  :facepalm:

No, they still hold ok value regardless - it's just that this book in a 9.8 would be even more valuable. Super Mario 1 for instance is currently about $300-$350 in a 9.2-9.4, and a 9.8 just sold the other day for $2,500. The Zelda and Mario books do better than the Captain N and Game Boy books.

I thought there used to be a thread with multiple thousand dollar sales of Nintendo Power lol

But maybe I dreamed that hahaha.

I had forgot to post this here, sample copy, it's rough but complete! Glad to have it, it's my 3rd copy ofm#1, but 1st "sample!"

2023_06_099_16PMOfficeLens(2).thumb.jpg.a61f0c1675832980663c5d0b36bad81e.jpg

On 6/18/2023 at 5:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought there used to be a thread with multiple thousand dollar sales of Nintendo Power lol

But maybe I dreamed that hahaha.

I had forgot to post this here, sample copy, it's rough but complete! Glad to have it, it's my 3rd copy ofm#1, but 1st "sample!"

2023_06_099_16PMOfficeLens(2).thumb.jpg.a61f0c1675832980663c5d0b36bad81e.jpg