• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's new announcement is laughable.
3 3

54 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2022 at 12:48 PM, JC25427N said:

Also for everyone asking for context, I'm guessing OP is talking about this announcement which shows up on the CGC homepage

image.thumb.png.b1f37cc6e8728567a84bf29cbae1aa71.png

I thought CGC made this announcement months ago.  I definitely recall them stating that they had made some changes and that did a test run and that the result was lower TAT's.

On 8/19/2022 at 3:46 PM, Galen130 said:

Nope..legitimate CGC announcement.  Don't know, or care what it is. :shy:

not seeing any announcement in the drive by shouting post:

On 8/19/2022 at 12:28 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

I can't understand why this whole process is so slow, and old school. Their new turn around times are still a good laugh. They still don't take payments up front, and fast track is really a scam. :flipbait:

On 8/19/2022 at 4:04 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Is CGC grading becoming faster or is the comic book market cooling which means less impulsive submissions hm

Those are the only kinds of submissions I send. :wink:

On 8/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm still waiting for 25 books from a Value submission from April 2021.

If CGC graded wine ...

My 1000th post, and it only took 15 years! Look out, 2000 posts by 2037! ^^:cheers::banana::acclaim::luhv:(worship):applause::headbang:^^

On 8/20/2022 at 6:29 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

If CGC graded wine ...

My 1000th post, and it only took 15 years! Look out, 2000 posts by 2037! ^^:cheers::banana::acclaim::luhv:(worship):applause::headbang:^^

1,000!!

fireworks-gif-5.gif

Screenshot_20220820-085615.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/20/2022 at 11:45 AM, jcjames said:

How is that possible?? 17 months!?? doh!

Yep. Entered on the last day the Value tier existing (4/28/21). Shipped to CGC just after that (first week in May). But of course they were swamped with submissions then, and that is the slowest tier. It's been at "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" for a couple of weeks now. The odd thing is the other books in that same submission (it was more than 25 books) shipped back to me on 6/20/22.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 8/19/2022 at 12:52 PM, thehumantorch said:
On 8/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, Ares said:

Whats the announcement

CGC announced that they will make an announcement 

Is that in between all of the Private Signings announcements that they constantly bombard our email boxes with every single hour as proof positive that they are indeed taking steps to eliminate their turanaround times issue?  :mad:  :censored:

If they do any more of these private signings, they are going to have to hire themselves a real janitor to clean their facilities because this first guy is going to be far too busy "signing in private" to do any cleaning for them.  :devil:  lol

Edited by lou_fine