• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's new announcement is laughable.
3 3

54 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm still waiting for 25 books from a Value submission from April 2021.

Similar for me. 8 shipped under "Value" in April 2021 but added pressing. "Received" in July 2021. Submitted an "Ask CGC" and apparently nearing end of CCS. Then another year of grading? 

On 8/19/2022 at 4:00 PM, Galen130 said:

Yeah, the OP didn't post it.  It's on the main page though. (thumbsu

The OP posted the OP in this thread and it was another drive by shouting.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, kav said:

The OP posted the OP in this thread and it was another drive by shouting.

Don’t bother me with this drivel.  I’m doing a drive-by while on vacation. :baiting:

Here endeth the announcement. :acclaim:

8A628D62-0032-462E-85A4-57A15E2C1BDC.gif

On 8/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm still waiting for 25 books from a Value submission from April 2021.

On 8/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, Ron C. said:

That's not good.

Yeeeeeeeah, have you called to make sure the books are not missing? 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:15 AM, Buzzetta said:

Yeeeeeeeah, have you called to make sure the books are not missing? 

Yes, several times. At one point, I was told that there was one book left to complete pressing. But it was still almost a month before it showed up at Scheduled for Grading.

On 8/19/2022 at 3:45 PM, JC25427N said:

I don't understand this one, how is this a negative? They charge you when your submission is about to processed and the work on your books is about to be done. If you want them to charge you as soon as they receive your books you can call them and ask them to charge you, I've had submissions charged right away because it just so happened that some of my submissions arrived just as one of my earlier submissions was about to be graded and so CGC just charged my entire balance for all my orders, even the ones that had just arrived a few days prior and wouldn't be graded for a couple months. 

I've had times when weeks went by when my comics were there. Yet, no charge to my debit card. Just seems like they do everything backwards, which messes up this whole process. 

On 9/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, Martian Manhunter said:
On 8/19/2022 at 12:43 PM, lizards2 said:

Graders pledge to stop finger denting comics?

One can only hope. 

On the other hand, I've been cracking out 9.4s lately that look more like 9.0s. 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:01 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

CGC claims that turnaround times are faster for both fast track, and express. But, I never pay for either anyway. These 2 things are part of what makes this whole process take longer. 

Timely response.

Only 16 days to provide context.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:01 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

CGC claims that turnaround times are faster for both fast track, and express. But, I never pay for either anyway. These 2 things are part of what makes this whole process take longer. 

Yet I'm happy both options are available.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:01 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yep. Entered on the last day the Value tier existing (4/28/21). Shipped to CGC just after that (first week in May). But of course they were swamped with submissions then, and that is the slowest tier. It's been at "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" for a couple of weeks now. The odd thing is the other books in that same submission (it was more than 25 books) shipped back to me on 6/20/22.

Just got them back Tuesday. On the same day as some books I submitted in July 2021. So I guess the TATs for the later books are coming down a bit. And the Economy books I submitted in July 2021 now, so hopefully those will be coming back soon.