• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Iron Man 1
3 3

7 posts in this topic

The cover looks really nice outside of the obvious defects. Not easy with that dark blue. I see some light color rub along the spine, and some edge wear along the right toward the bottom that's not bad. It's not quite clear, but the back cover may have several issues. Is that a bend crease in the top left corner? A tear to the left of the watches? A small stain to the left of the telescope? The actual nature of these could really matter.

I'm sure your big concern is that strip at the top of the front cover. Listening to other people around here, the covers from this era of Marvel often have overhand of the inner pages. That looks like the case here. That's probably a contributing factor to the strip tearing off. To some degree, these defects are believed to not count as harshly b/c of the manufacturing process, unless there is further damage. This might be a case where the manufacturing defect has been exacerbated by handling, which is going to lead to a greater deduction. I'm going to call this a 7.0±0.5 b/c 7.0 is the first grade CGC list as allowing a major defect and the rest of the book is consistent with something in the FN/VF range. Without that strip, I could see this going 1.0 higher

On 8/20/2022 at 6:49 PM, eltanno said:

Hi, could you please take a look at this Iorn Man 1. Any help very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Jim

rj1DmYc.jpg

Hi Jim, could you take a close-up of the back upper-left corner please?

Also, cover tanning kills :( 

That piece on the front top edge is in danger of coming off if you send it to CGC.  Unless you don't care what happens to it, maybe keep this one bagged/boarded and don't send it in to be graded.

Edited by Galen130