• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On vacation around Northern Arizona this week, i.e. Page, Prescott, Kingman, etc. Any good places for bargain comic hunting??
1 1

13 posts in this topic

So, my wife and I arrived in Kayenta, AZ Sunday for a whirlwind trip around northern AZ, including places in the title.  Comic hunting is secondary, but if there are some board members out there from the general Interstate 40 corridor area, I wouldn’t mind hitting some places for some bargain comic hunting.  Mainly older raws…GA/SA/BA.  I know there are a few of you…just can’t remember board names.  Any suggestions?

I know this is last minute, but our plans to spend half our trip in and around the Navajo Lands have been upended.  We’ll have a little extra time.  We already passed on one flea market. :ohnoez:

I know someone here is in the Prescott area especially.  We’ll be there in a few days.  Thanks much!!! (worship)

On 8/21/2022 at 7:54 PM, Galen130 said:

So, my wife and I arrived in Kayenta, AZ Sunday for a whirlwind trip around northern AZ, including places in the title.  Comic hunting is secondary, but if there are some board members out there from the general Interstate 40 corridor area, I wouldn’t mind hitting some places for some bargain comic hunting.  Mainly older raws…GA/SA/BA.  I know there are a few of you…just can’t remember board names.  Any suggestions?

I know this is last minute, but our plans to spend half our trip in and around the Navajo Lands have been upended.  We’ll have a little extra time.  We already passed on one flea market. :ohnoez:

I know someone here is in the Prescott area especially.  We’ll be there in a few days.  Thanks much!!! (worship)

check navajo caves for some GA books.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, kav said:

check navajo caves for some GA books.

Yeah, no.  lol

We're leaving The Lands and headed to Page.  You have to wear a mask everywhere here, so that part if our vacation is shot.

I know somebody on the boards is from the Prescott Valley area...just can't remember the name!!! doh!

:preach:

On 8/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, mattn792 said:

@shadroch is the AZ guy you’re thinking of.

And drive as fast as you can through Kingman, don’t bother stopping.

Las Vegas is in AZ? Who woulda thought.

Lots of gold and silver for sale in Bisbee. Forget Northern Arizona and escape the heat in the mountains where legends were made.  $50 gas allowance on purchases over $300. Free views of Mexico. Marvel at the wall, wonder about the many gaps in it. 

I try to avoid stopping over in Kingman.  Depending on your politics, you can have a good time at the pizza place the owner turned into a shrine to a certain former president.  About forty miles southeast of Kingman is a great roadside eatery, where the owner literally hides in the bushes making sure only paying customers use his bathrooms.  It has a great chicago style Italian menu and is far better than the crap they call Italian food in Kingman/Bullhead.  It's on 93, a few miles south of 40.

On 8/22/2022 at 11:25 AM, shadroch said:

Lots of gold and silver for sale in Bisbee. Forget Northern Arizona and escape the heat in the mountains where legends were made.  $50 gas allowance on purchases over $300. Free views of Mexico. Marvel at the wall, wonder about the many gaps in it. 

We're already here...not enough time to go south this trip. (shrug)

On 8/22/2022 at 8:17 AM, Galen130 said:

Yeah, no.  lol

We're leaving The Lands and headed to Page.  You have to wear a mask everywhere here, so that part if our vacation is shot.

I know somebody on the boards is from the Prescott Valley area...just can't remember the name!!! doh!

:preach:

could be a stack of Action 1's in them caves!