• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed For Trade - Fantastic Four 5 CGC 4.0 - Please Read

14 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I'm offering my copy of Fantastic Four 5 CGC 4.0 with OW pages on the trade block. I am only offering my copy of FF5 to trade down for another FF5 in a lower grade with the difference to be made up in cash or books or both. I'm also open to time payments if you wish to make up the difference in cash. My copy is not for sale and not for trade for any other books if there is no FF5 included (although you'd peak my interest in a 1 for 1 trade for FF1 or Hulk 1).

If you are interested in a straight purchase, you can message me and I can message later if a lower grade FF5 crosses my path for purchase.

A few things:

The lower grade copy must have:

- nice colour

- unrestored and complete

- no chipping

- no tape

- looking for page quality of off-white or better.

- no staple rust

- no foxing

- no mold

Value difference - I use GPA as a guide, so expect who ever is messaging to be good with this as well. Doesn't mean it needs to be rigidly GPA as a difference but it is a guide. Details can be hammered out on an individual basis. I like to think of myself as fair in my dealings. 

Overall value - not sure if required but in case I will put $12,000 but see value difference above

Books for trade - I'm open to key first appearances in the silver or bronze age 

Cash difference - If money is being used, I accept paypal or wire - Wire is preferable.

I will ship out once all books and/or cash is received. I have a lot of references for big sales, trades, and a mix. References can be provided (here - see kudos below, or on instagram and on Facebook where I am active on both platforms and have been for nearly a decade).

Please note I am in Canada and have never had a shipping issue.

Any questions, feel free to reach out! I'm more then happy to keep this copy but wanted to explore an option here to see if someone was wanting to upgrade.

Thanks, 

Sam

Edited by BoomCity

On 8/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, Jsoothsayer said:

I have a nice 2.5 but there's no way I could ever send this book to anyone in confidence

20220517_220304.jpg

That’s fair. I’m happy to do a trade via PayPal goods and services if the individual wants to cover the fees associated with it. It’s more expensive but ensures protection. I’m hoping with reputation and references, any interested party can deal in confidence. 

On 8/23/2022 at 7:37 AM, ChasingKingKirby said:

FF8AA343-DFFF-403C-B45B-A05404FC921D.thumb.jpeg.49f0face1010edae4133dd9895012f3a.jpeg

Mine's nice for the grade, but does have a few pieces of tape, so probably disqualified, but here it is just in case.

Thanks for posting. FF5 is great in any grade but do prefer to see what else comes my way.

Nice book!!! I think I remember seeing a 1.5 signed by Stan Lee on ebay the other day. Maybe that seller would be interested in trading if it was something you were interested in. (Note: "That seller" is not me, nor anyone I know.)

I’ll throw mine in. What about these 2 for trade?

Edit: I currently have the GSX1 listed for sale in these forums but would trade it here instead. Not sure if I need to close the thread in order to do that...? Mods? Don't wanna ruffle any feathers. 

290FC8AD-BE6D-43B2-AA18-8F72362EBD06.thumb.jpeg.7abfba0185f65cc1ae07ee650252a1af.jpeg

0A42ABE2-2C18-408E-8E13-70191368D197.thumb.jpeg.b2af836e0fc3b8c57530de702ae7edd0.jpeg

Edited by iggykoopa

On 8/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, iggykoopa said:

I’ll throw mine in. What about these 2 for trade?

Edit: I currently have the GSX1 listed for sale in these forums but would trade it here instead. Not sure if I need to close the thread in order to do that...? Mods? Don't wanna ruffle any feathers. 

290FC8AD-BE6D-43B2-AA18-8F72362EBD06.thumb.jpeg.7abfba0185f65cc1ae07ee650252a1af.jpeg

0A42ABE2-2C18-408E-8E13-70191368D197.thumb.jpeg.b2af836e0fc3b8c57530de702ae7edd0.jpeg

Think that's totally fine.  I've seen others do it.  It's still board exclusive.  

On 8/22/2022 at 11:48 PM, BoomCity said:

That’s fair. I’m happy to do a trade via PayPal goods and services if the individual wants to cover the fees associated with it. It’s more expensive but ensures protection. I’m hoping with reputation and references, any interested party can deal in confidence. 

my book may have a bit of tarnish on the stapes if you look closely enough. Not sure if it's rust though. I am definitely looking to trade up to a higher grade. Cover wise mine looks very good for the grade despite the water stain even.