• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #4 CGC 9.2 Whites pages on EBay

55 posts in this topic

owned the curator avengers 4 cgc 9.2, ow/w.............that book in hand was incredible

this one looks awesome but not as fresh as the curator, perhaps book in hand it would look fresher

Most pedigrees are not kind to this issue.

The Curator CGC 9.2 has distributor ink on the top that in my opinion ruins a white cover book. And the White Mountain copy is a CGC 9.2 but very yellow with Cream to Off-White pages. The Northand is also only a CGC 9.2 and my Boston is only a CGC 9.0.

Only the Pacific Coast and Ohio copies are 9.6's. The only other main pedigree that I don't know about is the Western Penn. Other than those, none are even 9.4's.

And to put that in perspective, all other Curators from 1-7 are CGC 9.4 or better with #3 and #5 being CGC 9.6's.

And i'll still put the interior page quality on this 9.2 against any other book out there...shame i had to sell it, but i needed to pay for some new grails...

yay.gif

arent there a total of five 9.6s?? So thrfee are not pedigrees, but are they chopped livah???

I said in an early post that Avengers #4 is somewhat common in HG compared to most early SA Marvels. I was mearly pointing out (and you confirmed) that pedigrees are NOT necessarily the top copies (in many cases, pedigrees can make up the top 50-75% of the highest graded copies for early SA Marvels).

Plus, I really wanted to point out that in my opinion, neither the Curator copy nor the White Mountain copy have great (or even good) eye appeal (which is one reason I love pedigrees).

My Boston copy (only a CGC 9.0) does have excellent eye appeal in my opinion. acclaim.gifNow is it truly a Boston copy, is in my mind somewhat debatable. confused.gif

to be fair and honest the cover is a teeny touch more yellow than that scan shows, but it is still by far the whitest i have seen yet...and the interior pages? hail.gifhail.gif

I suspected the white on this cover was a bit too white.

The black is slightly washed out, thus hinting to the possibility that the brightness has been slightly tweaked.

I use to have a beautiful copy that ended up being a CGC 8.5 that was a whitest you had ever seen. It was absolutely perfect with very rich colors. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Of course I didn't like it as much when CGC gave it a PLOD, (Cleaned and Pressed). foreheadslap.gif

I use to have a beautiful copy that ended up being a CGC 8.5 that was a whitest you had ever seen. It was absolutely perfect with very rich colors. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Of course I didn't like it as much when CGC gave it a PLOD, (Cleaned and Pressed). foreheadslap.gif

I had an 'unimprovable copy' I used to pull out and marvel over how lucky I was to own... came back a 9.0. foreheadslap.gif

Harry,

I would be interested, especially if it is your copy. When it goes up, please let me know.

maybe the losers in this bidding war will be interested in one of my lovely copies, next year?!?!?!

like you would ever sell your Marvels. yeahok.gifpoke2.gif

looking at next year on Doug's site, in all likelihood................. grin.gif

Normally I would post this in comics general or the grading forum but I was wondering what y'all thought of the grade before I send it in. With an hour to go on the 9.2, I hope this is an appropriate post.

av4.jpg

I dunno FT, looke like somewhere between 7.5 and 8.0. Its got a few too many problem areas...