• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mighty Con DuPage (Chicago) - Saturday 9/10
1 1

16 posts in this topic

14 long boxes of $1 books or 7 for $5

10 short boxes of $2 books or 3 for $5

10 short boxes of $5 books (5 for $20) including a short box of Star Wars Marvel Bronze, a short box of Daredevil Bronze

4 short boxes of $10 (3 for $25) including a short box of High Grade TMNT Mirage books

check out my instagram page for highlights of some of the books/boxes (jsilverjanetcomics)

On 9/8/2022 at 11:36 PM, captainzombie said:

I have never attended Mighty Con before in the past. Is it a pretty decent show with some decent comic vendors?

yes lots of dealers, with low end books and high end as well

On 9/9/2022 at 10:15 AM, jsilverjanet said:

14 long boxes of $1 books or 7 for $5

10 short boxes of $2 books or 3 for $5

10 short boxes of $5 books (5 for $20) including a short box of Star Wars Marvel Bronze, a short box of Daredevil Bronze

4 short boxes of $10 (3 for $25) including a short box of High Grade TMNT Mirage books

check out my instagram page for highlights of some of the books/boxes (jsilverjanetcomics)

Bring back your 3/$1 boxes where I'll pull multiple $100+ promotional Spidey books. :yeehaw:

I enjoyed the show-got to see some friends and dealers and friendealers too. Picked up a few books and got a sketch to go with my coke zero. We took a break for a ramen lunch before giving the floor one more trip and ended with a trip to Kilwins for ice cream. There were a lot of nice books on display but nothing crazy. @fatninja hooked me up with a sweet Hughes Barbwire and it was a good 4 hours spent in Wheaton.

20220910_173615.jpg

Edited by KolmarAvenue
blur

This was a pretty good show overall. One of the dealers that was there was also at C2E2 and he remembered me since I had bought a ton there so he gave me a pretty nice discount. I did notice that some of the dealers are still charging some nutty prices for books. Books have been falling in prices the last few months, but some of these guys think this is still 2020/2021. I was going to buy a All-New Ghost Rider #1 from a dealer, the book looked like it was borderline 9.6 with a possible 9.8 if CGC would allow 1-2 things that were wrong with it. The guy tells me $200, and I'm like I've seen NM+/M copies for over $100-125. This is the kind of stuff I do not like when going to these shows.

They did mention that there is one in Orland Park (G-Con) in 2 weeks and there is also one in Palos Heights next week. Stinks that I will miss out the one next week in Orland as we have prior plans.

Edited by captainzombie

On 9/11/2022 at 1:32 PM, captainzombie said:

This was a pretty good show overall. One of the dealers that was there was also at C2E2 and he remembered me since I had bought a ton there so he gave me a pretty nice discount. I did notice that some of the dealers are still charging some nutty prices for books. Books have been falling in prices the last few months, but some of these guys think this is still 2020/2021. I was going to buy a All-New Ghost Rider #1 from a dealer, the book looked like it was borderline 9.6 with a possible 9.8 if CGC would allow 1-2 things that were wrong with it. The guy tells me $200, and I'm like I've seen NM+/M copies for over $100-125. This is the kind of stuff I do not like when going to these shows.

They did mention that there is one in Orland Park (G-Con) in 2 weeks and there is also one in Palos Heights next week. Stinks that I will miss out the one next week in Orland as we have prior plans.

I’ll have a raw NM copy at Orland for less than $100