• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF 10 What Resto Is This?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I believe it is...#11! 😀

How does the front cover feel in comparison?

Also, does the cover feel like air-dried paper and do those waves go through the entire book?

Also, is the mold throughout the book?

Also, Is it possible the entire book was split and that there is filler on each wrap?

Also, where did you get this and when?

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/25/2022 at 12:49 PM, KirbyTown said:

I believe it is...#11! 😀

How does the front cover feel in comparison?

Also, do those air-dry type of waves go through the entire book?

Also, is the mold throughout the book?

Also, Is it possible the entire book was split and that there is filler on each wrap?

Also, where did you get this and when?

It is 11 lol

Front cover feels good. Waves on edges of cover only. Mold eh? Could be that…I can’t say as I’ve ever come across one in person so I’m no mold expert. The back cover felt thicker though. And I don’t own. A guy I know is selling it and I wanted to help him out if it is restored by giving him heads up

Edited by comicginger1789

On 8/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Mold eh?

It could be anything 🤷‍♂️

If this were mine, I would quarantine it and try to sell it asap; that's just because I don't like risking the rest of my stuff or my health if something proves to be inactive mold and somehow re-activates.

Whatever it is, it's on a lot of the back cover. That could potentially make it feel weird, though I imagine that'd be more from the drying.

I used phone filters here just to show how large the affected area appears to be; this is definitely not spectrometry or something:

4C77696D-31E7-48A9-9D94-F6FBE7216947.jpeg.cafd83839a264c59b918531b20ca39e3.jpeg31AB64C2-7DEA-4468-87C2-CA337966B1A2.jpeg.f54d5cd25c9eb24c507ccef1a29f01d6.jpeg

There's definitely some kind of material attached to the cover and next wrap. I don't know if it's trimmed fill from casting or whatever, but I'm sure a conservationist could elucidate!

I doubt it's a facsimile cover. 

Please don't inhale any of these images 🤮

On 8/25/2022 at 12:39 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wonder if someone dropped it back cover-side into a puddle?

And a quick retrieval hopefully

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/25/2022 at 6:51 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I passed on buying it soon as I saw it. He has it priced as a 2.0 raw but I still didn’t want it because I didn’t know what was going on back there, hence why I wanted to check with some more educated minds than mine :)

Good call. Moisture damage + moderate to severe mold = Pass