• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does it cost to get started on CGC?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I've never sent in any of my comics to get graded before, but I plan on doing it soon. I've heard various prices on how much it'll cost and even the site itself isn't super easy to understand honestly XD This question goes out to the pros/people who're up to date on the prices/costs. How much would it cost to make my account and send in my first batch to get graded? Btw on a side note a guy who's gotten comics graded before said something about a line of credit? But I think that's just cause he made his CGC account WAY back in the day lol I don't think they do that anymore, that's one of the reasons I'd like someone who's up to date on the workings of the site. Thanks for the help!

On 8/25/2022 at 1:59 PM, Travaran said:

I've never sent in any of my comics to get graded before, but I plan on doing it soon. I've heard various prices on how much it'll cost and even the site itself isn't super easy to understand honestly XD This question goes out to the pros/people who're up to date on the prices/costs. How much would it cost to make my account and send in my first batch to get graded? Btw on a side note a guy who's gotten comics graded before said something about a line of credit? But I think that's just cause he made his CGC account WAY back in the day lol I don't think they do that anymore, that's one of the reasons I'd like someone who's up to date on the workings of the site. Thanks for the help!

For reference:

• Administrator
On 8/25/2022 at 4:59 PM, Travaran said:

Here is the cheapest member option.

Become a CGC Member

Join as a paid member to get full submission privileges and other great benefits, such as 24/7 online tracking, free grader notes for your submissions and more. Paid memberships start at just $25 per year!

Join CGC now >

There is a $5 handling fee per submission.  Below is a screenshot of the various tiers and prices, and here is a link to return shipping fees.

Mike

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10238/return-shipping-updates/

image.png

To the OP, if you don't want to deal with any of this stuff, you might be able to submit through your local comic book store if THEY have a CGC membership.  They may charge you a bit more and you might wait a bit longer, but you won't have to deal with as much paperwork and figuring things out on your own.  Of course this largely depends on how trustworthy and/or CGC experienced your store is.  But it might be an option worth considering, good luck.