• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tracking submitted comics older than 8 months.

3 posts in this topic

OK, I asked CGC several months ago and just tried again; waiting on their reply but, I thought some of you smart folks might know the answer. I have 19 missing comics, not yet returned, presumably not yet graded. The submissions are all about a year old. So, past the eight-month limit for tracking submissions. Has anyone else had this issue? How do you find your books in the system? When I enter my eight-digit order number the system comes back with the last three digits of the number missing and tells me no details can be found; well, I guess not since the number it displays is not my complete order number. The only numbers I can find are both the same, on my packing slip copy, printed at the time of packing, I have the number under the barcode in the upper right corner CGCxxxxxxxxxx (ten random digits), then the same number appears on the packing slip with the returned books. Of course, different tiers are graded at different times and retuned in separate boxes. So, I have some books back from a submission but not all. It is the books that have not yet been sent back to me that I cannot locate in any DB in the CGC directory. Any ideas other than I might be screwed?  

On 9/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, URATowel said:

You have to use the submission number which is different from your order number.

OK, thanks. Where do I locate the submission number. If it is important to CGC (and me) you would think it would be generated and printed on the packing slip when one creates it or on the packing slip when one of the books in a shipment is returned. I have been known to be thickheaded however so perhaps it's somewhere and I am missing it. Thanks.