• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Virgin or trade dress
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2022 at 2:41 AM, kiefsweet said:

Noob question and first post. 

Hi, I've just bought a Variant Set where you get the trade dress and the virgin copy and was wondering which one I should get encapsulated? 

The virgin editions look way better slabbed, IMO, and you get the bonus of having the issue’s details — number, artist, writer, etc. — visible at top of slab. Plus, the virgin editions are sometimes rarer, and thus more valuable. (Although for most variant sets, I doubt either edition will ever be worth more than what we’re paying for them.)

On 9/2/2022 at 2:41 AM, kiefsweet said:

Noob question and first post. 

Hi, I've just bought a Variant Set where you get the trade dress and the virgin copy and was wondering which one I should get encapsulated? 

Why bother with encapsulation at all?  There are valid reasons for getting a book slabbed, just as there are bad reasons for getting books slabbed.  So for instructional purposes, why do you want to slab it?

It depends on the comic...I mean, really. Stepping back, sometimes Cover A is the most coveted, especially if it sells out quickly on pre-sale orders. There are also other variables such as the artist, how many produced, etc.