• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed comics
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I am new to the comic book grading world. I’ve always bought but never graded anyways I was checking to see how cgc deals with signed comics. I have a 1980s tmnt comic that I had signed recently at a local convention I went to. Would that be considered one of there signature series books or are they only that when a representative from them is there to see it signed?

• Administrator

Hello

The yellow CGC Signature Series label is given to collectibles that have been signed by someone of significance to the item. These labels will generally be issued only to items signed under the direct observation of a CGC representative. In select instances, CGC may accept signed books directly from the signer or publisher. The signatures are then authenticated by CGC with labels indicating who signed them, when they were signed and, in some cases, where they were signed.

After the collectible is signed in the presence of a CGC authorized witness, it is immediately submitted to CGC for expert grading and encapsulation in the state-of-the-art, CGC holder that bears the prestigious yellow label.

Mike