• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow...I'm sold with a new love!
1 1

11 posts in this topic

It is certainly a really great format that really preserves the production values of the film when done right in terms of aspect ratio and color palette (that is when the restoration is done right and we don't have any directors/restorers who think they're "artistes"). The 4Ks of Escape from New York, Spartacus, Gattaca, and For a Few Dollars More have been personal favorites. May your UHD experience be prosperous and your physical media collection bountiful!

Edited by Skylath

On 9/6/2022 at 12:08 PM, ▫️ said:

Actually ZSJL fits on my 13 inch iPad screen nearly edge to edge. The perfect traveling companion. 

Have you read any comics on it? If so, do they fit the same (different orientation)? I remember another user (possibly Buzz) saying that their iPad was a perfect fit for digital comics.

On 9/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Have you read any comics on it? If so, do they fit the same (different orientation)? I remember another user (possibly Buzz) saying that their iPad was a perfect fit for digital comics.

I have, and you can make adjustments on certain app platforms like go from panel to panel or turn your iPad vertically so you have one large page in view but I prefer having the full comic open so you can see both pages as if you were holding a physical copy. It is nearly a perfect fit. Compared to the printed art, I think the colors look better when backlit. They are more vibrant and pop. Plus I can adjust the lighting. Not to mention I can carry quite a few series with 2TB of space.