• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mcfarlane Spiderman Dimasi Variant

19 posts in this topic

Not me but close! Thanks for the feedback. I’ll need to figure out how to post in the other section. Don’t want to risk sending this out and getting charged for nothing. 

Also, the submission form for entering my comic title is poorly designed. Took me several tries of typing different phrases to find my comics. CGC should implement a search by cover or artist feature for what they charge. 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:42 AM, JD717 said:

Not me but close! Thanks for the feedback. I’ll need to figure out how to post in the other section. Don’t want to risk sending this out and getting charged for nothing. 

Also, the submission form for entering my comic title is poorly designed. Took me several tries of typing different phrases to find my comics. CGC should implement a search by cover or artist feature for what they charge. 

You can consider contacting Cgc directly about whatever list of exclusions exist, get an official answer.

Then at minimum you have some recourse if you get ultimately rejected.

I personally would send an email to customers service  for a document trail.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:26 AM, 'Lorider said:

He's smart to ask though, since Todd has a list of books he won't sign.

BTW, if your Ebay name is the same as on here, thanks for the Eerie #17! ^^

You're welcome... and I've got three i's in my ebay handle, so it's close. The Eerie is from my older collection that's back east. Trying to get a friend to send stuff out...little by little, so more 70's stuff heading to ebay (or CGC).

Todd McFarlane will NOT sign any of these books during the CGC In-House Private Signing:Venom #1 Color Variant Cover, Venomverse #1 B&W Variant, Venomverse #1 Color, Venom #6 Color Variant Edition, Spawn Retailer Thank You Variant. TODD WILL NOT SIGN ANY PARODY COVERS. He will only sign books and characters he has worked on.

On 9/7/2022 at 2:52 PM, revat said:

You can consider contacting Cgc directly about whatever list of exclusions exist, get an official answer.

Then at minimum you have some recourse if you get ultimately rejected.

I personally would send an email to customers service  for a document trail.

Already sent an email yesterday. Figured I’d ask here, too. Hopefully I get some good news!

On 9/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, 'Lorider said:

No, not really. CGC goes by the indicia for the title, which is the small print company info.  The other problem with this variant is that I don't think it's officially published by Marvel? It's like an aftermarket/personal art kind of thing, I'm not sure. The other thing to do is check sites like Ebay, MCS, HA, etc for the same book and see how the title is listed on the slab.

I don't know how you would search by cover but CGC is correct to use the indicia and keep everything standard. It's not CGC 's job to hold people by the hands when they can easily find it themselves.

For a newbie, it’s not very intuitive. At the very least, include what you mentioned somewhere on the page.

Edited by JD717

On 9/7/2022 at 5:36 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Todd McFarlane will NOT sign any of these books during the CGC In-House Private Signing:Venom #1 Color Variant Cover, Venomverse #1 B&W Variant, Venomverse #1 Color, Venom #6 Color Variant Edition, Spawn Retailer Thank You Variant. TODD WILL NOT SIGN ANY PARODY COVERS. He will only sign books and characters he has worked on.

Thanks! I saw that and some of the examples, but I wonder if the above still applies? I sent an email to customer service, so hopefully I get some good news. If it’s eligible great. If not, no worries and I get to save some money!

On 9/7/2022 at 5:52 PM, JD717 said:

Thanks! I saw that and some of the examples, but I wonder if the above still applies? I sent an email to customer service, so hopefully I get some good news. If it’s eligible great. If not, no worries and I get to save some money!

I sent in the homage issue 306 ..some consider it a parody..but he has signed this particular issue before. But I think what he means by parody are artists who parody his ASM 300 image 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 9/7/2022 at 6:00 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I sent in the homage issue 306 ..some consider it a parody..but he has signed this particular issue before. But I think what he means by parody are artists who parody his ASM 300 image 

Gotcha! I feel confident he would sign it, but I’d rather get confirmation than solely rely on my gut. 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:39 AM, JD717 said:

I’m not sure why. Wish I could be more helpful. This book was on his will not sign list on CGC’s site from 2019.

There are some books he promised he would sign only upon initial release (generally as part of some promotion), so if you didn’t get it signed then, he won’t sign it later. 

im not sure if that’s one of the books, but that is a thing for some books and some artists.