• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Company produced bound comics
2 2

34 posts in this topic

Nice original owner copy of this 'Double Double' compendium on eBay currently:

Screenshot_20220920-205658_eBay.jpg.e3416262304c870813c8ef7e7725ca9d.jpg

I wonder what their nickname was at school.....

On 9/20/2022 at 3:52 PM, shadroch said:

Why do you think the company did that, as oppossed to a collector?

Because that was the consensus when I first shared the book on the forums.  The gilt printing on maroon boards, and the style and font in general, match volumes with known provenance.

Even with all that, it’s only about 98% certain.  Someone could have theoretically bound high grade copies of the relevant issues to make it look like a file volume.  I just don’t get why anyone would, and by the time it worked its way to me I only paid $40 or so for it… I can’t remember exactly for sure.

On 9/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, OtherEric said:

Because that was the consensus when I first shared the book on the forums.  The gilt printing on maroon boards, and the style and font in general, match volumes with known provenance.

Even with all that, it’s only about 98% certain.  Someone could have theoretically bound high grade copies of the relevant issues to make it look like a file volume.  I just don’t get why anyone would, and by the time it worked its way to me I only paid $40 or so for it… I can’t remember exactly for sure.

Sounds good. Might you have a link to the thread? Now that I got rid of my raw books, I have some space and this is a part of the hobby I've always stayed away from and know little about.

Edited by shadroch

On 9/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, shadroch said:

Sounds good. Might you have a link to the thread? Now that I got rid of my raw books, I have some space and this is a part of the hobby I've always stayed away from and know little about.

It was either somewhere back in the massive Four Color thread or in one of several short lived bound volume threads that have popped up.  My search fu isn’t finding the bound volume threads, but here’s the four color thread:

I may repost my volume over there with new pictures when I get home.