• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-Gerber Full Backs Production Flaw??

8 posts in this topic

Didn't know where else to ask this, so ........

I just received an order of Full Back E-Gerber My-lites from a reputable seller that I have bought from before off E-bay.  When I opened the package I noticed one side of the board wasn't white.  It looks like it hadn't been treated or something.  Did Gerber start producing them this way, or did I get a production flaw batch, or could the boards be counterfeit?  Other than having one side white and one side brown they seem to be similar to the other full backs I've always used from them.

On 9/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

Why oh why? Those were terrible.

Hah!  To each his or her own.  I've used the 1 ml mylites and buffered fullbacks for 25 years now for any book worth over $20-$25.  For the top end stuff that I used to own, I'd slip them into a 4 ml mylar for added protection.  Worked and continue to work great - easy for bagging and boarding, no stiffness or sharp edges, the least amount of plastic between one's eyes and the books, cheaper than the thicker ones, super easy to flatten and squeeze out any air.  As far as I can tell, they maintain cover gloss, color richness, and paper whiteness without deterioration.

Edited by namisgr

I've always thought the original mylites were terrible. Way too easy to rip, and didn't like their look at all.  To me, the introduction of the mylite2 was an industry changer. An affordable bag that didn't cloud or need replacing every few years.