• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Todd McFarlane signing
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hope I’m in the right forum.Thinking  of Sending  in my ASM 300 9.4 sign by Stan Lee on 11/19/2018 for a Todd McFarlane signature. Graders notes-spine stress lines break color. are they grading more stringently now than four years ago?Barring anyone damaging the book does it hold its grade?.thanks 

F4BC53B3-AE99-46A0-89BF-4B214A410961.jpeg

1150FF81-68E9-49FC-924E-B4803A5DDCF6.jpeg

1235AAF0-3715-4A07-99CE-1C0E5DE39480.jpeg

On 9/9/2022 at 7:16 PM, WilliamLunt said:

Beautiful book.

I hate the idea that they won't automatically give you the same grade.

This book looks worse than 9.4 based on the (limited defects I see)

Why should a book get the same grade after it’s been removed from the slab & handled by multiple people including the artist signing it?

At the beginning of the SS program, CGC indeed tried to keep the grades the same.  They wanted to encourage customers to crack blue labels and submit for yellow without fear of grade drops.  With the SS program fully established, I imagine they just send it through to grading and disregard the previous grade these days.

I am in the "do not open" camp. If I paid FMV for a 9.4 and got that many spine tics and that corner, I would be upset. This looks more like at 8.0 at best. I'd personally drop it another 2.0 points for the Stan Lee signature placement. Plenty of good surface area, including the black leg right underneath where the signature is, and it's signed right on top of Spider-Man's face. I generally don't worry about where an artist is going to sign a book, less confident with the writers.