• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Action Comics 1 - Recreation.

29 posts in this topic

Filter, the concern that I have about this book is the complete secrecy that Ian has insisted on maintaining regarding its provenance. When asked to provide evidence to support its authenticity, Ian replied that a confidentiality agreement prevented him from doing so. I found this response to be wholly unsatisfactory. The historical importance of this book should take precedence over any supposed "confidence". Because Ian has been unwilling to provide the proof that he claims he has, his representations of authenticity should be viewed with skepticism.

Filter, the concern that I have about this book is the complete secrecy that Ian has insisted on maintaining regarding its provenance. When asked to provide evidence to support its authenticity, Ian replied that a confidentiality agreement prevented him from doing so. I found this response to be wholly unsatisfactory. The historical importance of this book should take precedence over any supposed "confidence". Because Ian has been unwilling to provide the proof that he claims he has, his representations of authenticity should be viewed with skepticism.

What kind of "confidentiality agreement"? Why would that exist? confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What kind of "confidentiality agreement"? Why would that exist? confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have no idea. Some board members have speculated that the cover was stolen from DC's files and the thief wanted his identity kept secret.

I will say the cover on it is quite interesting. Since Double Action Comics #2 was pulled from Adventure Comics #37 was #1 pulled from another existing cover?

From the Double Action 1 thread...

"The Action 1 ashcan has a hooded guy with a knife on the cover. It also exists in color as a unused color cover for Detective 3."

From the Gerber 11 thread...

725730-det2.jpg

729655-d1.jpg

729684-d12.jpg

All courtesy of Rip.

What is actually quite interesting about this OPG section above is that it only refers to one copy, and now OPG states that two copies exist. Thus, we have a transparent window as to when another copy allegedly surfaced.

So who the heck supplied the information to OPG about the copy(ies)? confused-smiley-013.gifpopcorn.gif