• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrong location of Color Touch noted in graders notes?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I'm currently in the process of conserving a book for another board member and I've run into a discrepancy with the book and its grader notes. I'm removing some slight color touch (B-1) and have found that the notes do not match up to what I'm seeing.

The notes for the book have it as "small amount of color touch on left center & center front cover" and while the latter center CT was obvious there is literally none I can located anywhere on the left, but rather I have located color touch on the RIGHT center of the front cover.

Has anyone else had the locations of known defects entered incorrectly on grader notes? I need to know I'm not crazy and that this is a data entry mistake and I'm not missing what CGC saw (and also found something they missed on the opposite side).

I've gone over this cover several times with a microscope and different lighting setups, and just need some reassurance that this sort of thing has cropped up before for others and that it is safer to assume human error during data entry than this being the most professional/epic and well done color touch in the history of the hobby that is eluding me :D 

On 9/12/2022 at 9:17 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Has anyone else had the locations of known defects entered incorrectly on grader notes?

No, but it wouldn't surprise me.

hm