• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Tie for Earliest Spidey Art on the market?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was looking at Romitaman's new stuff on his site, and I saw a page from Strange Tales Annual #2 (http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1223&Details=1&From=Room) . This at least ties with Amazing #4 as the earliest spidey piece (at least I think so). Is there any other stuff earlier than this?

Thanks! - Keith (seriouly thinking of selling his X-terra to buy comic art)

Hey I used to own that STs ann 2 page at one time.

Technically the earliest Spidey page out there is the pin up to ASM 3. Although one could argue that it never really hit the marketthough, but it was offfered.

Clem....

Does anyone know if the AF#15 cover (Ditko version) exists?

Steve

Apparently the Ditko Version of the AF #15 cover that has been published many times is from a stat. I think it was either Mark Evanier or Greg Theakson who said a long time ago on Kirby-L that a copy of this cover along with other unpublished silver age(FF#3?) covers were found in an old filing cabinet during a clear out at Marvel.

It doe'snt mean that it does not exist some where on the planet though.

Clem...

Does anyone know if the AF#15 cover (Ditko version) exists?

Steve

Apparently the Ditko Version of the AF #15 cover that has been published many times is from a stat. I think it was either Mark Evanier or Greg Theakson who said a long time ago on Kirby-L that a copy of this cover along with other unpublished silver age(FF#3?) covers were found in an old filing cabinet during a clear out at Marvel.

It doe'snt mean that it does not exist some where on the planet though.

Clem...

Stevie boy,

Since the Fantasy 15 cover doesn't exist. Why not pick up one of the other Ditko covers out there on the market. I know where a few of them are if you are interested. They are not cheap. But I can help you out if you want. Private email me.

KK