• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am a newbie and have a few basic questions

5 posts in this topic

I requested a Comic Book Shipping Kit on Sept 7 and have heard nothing since - am I being impatient?

I tried emailing CGC but the email keeps getting retuned to me.

I tried calling CGC but gave up after 15 minutes on hold.

I have a valuable comic book that I need to have graded, but this lack of communication has me questioning their customer service.

Can anyone share any experiences - good or bad?

Thanks.

Larry K.

there's an 'ask CGC' section here on the boards if other methods don't seem to be working.

THey're typically responsive there.  Otherwise consider contacting them through social media.

I understand your frustration, but this company has been slammed with a gigantic number of submissions for at least the last year+.  You have to be a committed Zen Buddhist (maybe even a full-fledged monk) to get through the entire process without freaking out.  Depending on what you're submitting, it could be over a year before you get your book back, and you're likely to have other communications breakdowns along the way.  Although I don't submit books myself, I think doing so (especially with a high value book as you note) is likely to be worth the heartache in the long run.  I'd counsel patience but do the best you can in that regard.  Only you know your tolerance level.

I'm kind of surprised about your long wait. When I joined and ordered the shipping kit(it was free)I got it within a couple of weeks. My order of nine modern age books were back to me within two months. The second group of three books of Bronze and silver age is on it's way now. They took about two and a half months. I'm just glad it didn't take too long. Maybe I just got Lucky.