• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's Wrong With This Label?

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone else ever come across a CGC label with no page color noted?

Yeah, a couple of times. This is because in the very early days of CGC, they did not note page color.

Paul Litch of CGC verified in this forum about 9 months ago that CGC didn't include page quality on the label. Here are his exact words:

If everyone can remember the 1st month or two we were open we did NOT include page quality on the labels. We got a lot of calls from COLLECTORS, saying they wanted the page quality disclosed. We obliged. It made sense that people would want page quality on the label, which we should have realized. I guess you could make the point that CGC's very 1st policy change was for the COLLECTOR.

I have a book that was graded about 8 months ago and there is no page quality notes on the lable (Eagle Comics #1 1945) I looked at the book prior to submitting and wrote down the page quality was(off-white) also wrote down the other 6 books I submitted which have page quality noted and they are the same as I thought before submitting.