• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Miracleman #1
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering what grade do you think this is? Would this benefit from a clean and a press?

I've noticed on the right-hand side of the front cover that there is several scratches - something I noticed on some other versions - so I'm unsure whether those are printing defects ~

All comments are welcomed! Thanks!

919980185_Scan_20220917(2).thumb.png.518e8801323e9e8384753af635578841.pngScan_20220917.thumb.png.aa9209a0b9b6b5310b882e2746c0a60e.png

That looks like it could be a printer's crease. A printer's crease will have a perceptible, but just barely texture. If several copies have the same defect, then it might be a know issue with some % of the supply. A lot of Captain America 241s have a printer's crease in the same place. That one corner is dinged pretty good and a few spine creases breaking color. 8.0/8.5 if it's a printer's crease or similar manufacturing defect. A grade below if not

On 9/18/2022 at 1:38 AM, scburdet said:

That looks like it could be a printer's crease. A printer's crease will have a perceptible, but just barely texture. If several copies have the same defect, then it might be a know issue with some % of the supply. A lot of Captain America 241s have a printer's crease in the same place. That one corner is dinged pretty good and a few spine creases breaking color. 8.0/8.5 if it's a printer's crease or similar manufacturing defect. A grade below if not

On 9/18/2022 at 5:33 AM, Qalyar said:

I'll go 8.5 if that's a printer's crease, or 8.0 if it's a post-production crease or surface abrasion.

Regardless, pretty nice presentation. Copies of the UK printing are tough.

Thanks so much :3